• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man Utd 0-1 Wolves: Verdict and Vic burnt his backside thread.

Lage said after the game that Fabio had trained really well but wasn't capable of more than 20-25 minutes

Lage said after the game that Fabio had trained really well but wasn't capable of more than 20-25 minutes
That seems a really odd thing to say. Surely if we've had a concern about Fabio it's been his attitude or technique rather than his fitness?

Bruno is playing an interesting game with him at the moment. But he did shepherd Joao Felix through so I suppose I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on his handling of Fab for now.

Think the way Sa plays helps with this, defence and midfield can afford to be further up the pitch.
Well yes, likely part of the reason he signed. If you’re going to play a higher line with a keeper routed to his line then the lack of pace will be drastically exposed.

Perhaps The way Sa plays was earmarked to allow the change..?

That seems a really odd thing to say. Surely if we've had a concern about Fabio it's been his attitude or technique rather than his fitness?

Bruno is playing an interesting game with him at the moment. But he did shepherd Joao Felix through so I suppose I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on his handling of Fab for now.

Just had Covid hadn’t he. May have affected him differently to the others

Great win yesterday and you can see exactly what Bruno is trying to achieve (and has done already) but our front three are so frustrating. Podence played well until it came to the decision making, Trincao is struggling to settle to the physicality of the Premier League and Traore is.. well.. Traore.

We do so much good work and then fluff it at the last second. I'm not detracting from the win at all, but we will be absolutely terrifying with even just one winger with a regular end product.

Missed these comments from Sa about Kilman:
“I talked with him a few weeks ago and said, ‘Max, the first training session I was here, when I saw you, I thought this guy cannot be a player’, because he defended passive, he didn’t run and he didn’t mark, so I thought it was impossible.

“But three weeks ago, I had to say sorry to him and eat my words. He is amazing.”

Thought Kilman was excellent again last night.

Im looking at Kilman's massive improvement under Lage and thinking why cant Sanderson be the same. Im looking forward to seeing Sanderson become a player as well under Bruno.
He certainly deserves the chance to do that.

What odds would you get on a final day backline of Kilman - Coady - Sanderson?

Well that game yesterday was one of the best performances under Lage, played them off the park. The swedish commentators didnt believe what they were seeing. Kilman excellent again, Pod very good, Trincao again a little lightweight, Sa, Coady and Saiss all good. Im still a bit worried about Raul, often looks that half a second late. We got the ball back high up the pitch many times and cut through their midfield to Pod many times.

Sa and Coady in Crook's team of the week.

Back