• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man Utd 1-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

I agree. Last night and I've said this multiple places, that midfield performance was electric, dynamic and snappy and all without Ruben Neves. We haven't played like that for a few years.
All CM's seem capable of tracking back, winning a ball, progressing with the ball, picking a pass and getting forward.

Neves' strength was his long range passing, it didn't make any sense for him to overly exert himself when the ball could do the work for him, our problem with Neves in the team seemed to be the lack of runners and offensive options for him to pass to.

The most disturbing thing in this whole Shi/Lop/GON debacle is the horrible thing it's done to TDan. He used to be such a mild-mannered peace-loving guy. Now he's basically Johnny75 with good taste in music. I hope you're happy, Wolves!
😆

I think I need to take a long, hard look in the mirror...

Unless Liverpool make a move since every midfielder they want is rejecting them for Chelsea
They've just signed Szoboszlai to do the same thing and Harvey Elliott is their depth.

They're not buying Nunes.

Gomes and Lemina however 😬

Going to be such a big player for us this season.
His 2nd half performance last night was tremendous. He's so positive when in possession and having him and Cunha confident to run at defences will be a huge plus for us this season. Sometimes he just needs to learn when to do the simple things when on the edge of our own area, but I'd rather have that risk than take his natural instinct out of his game.

Having Slept on it, what an amazing performance, some Jonny are giving far to little credit to GON.

One thing he is constantly saying is about getting numbers in the box.

Prior matches we have all seen Neto with the ball and 4 / 5 defenders with possibly Cunha on his own.

Last night we had 5/6 attackers hitting the box , fan fucking tastic

I thought all players were given a second chance, even Guedes
Standard manager speak innit "will have a look at them and see if they fit into things"

Translated "I have them as part of the group and should the club fail to move them on, I won't look like a chump when I have to pick them in 2 months time"

They've just signed Szoboszlai to do the same thing and Harvey Elliott is their depth.

They're not buying Nunes.

Gomes and Lemina however 😬
If I were Liverpool I’d offer us 30m for Gomes right now. Exactly what they need and they know we’d snap their hand off. Will be worth way more than that in a year or so.

Having Slept on it, what an amazing performance, some Jonny are giving far to little credit to GON.

One thing he is constantly saying is about getting numbers in the box.

Prior matches we have all seen Neto with the ball and 4 / 5 defenders with possibly Cunha on his own.

Last night we had 5/6 attackers hitting the box , fan fucking tastic

The play in transition was a lot better last night. Forced an error, won the ball, straight on the counter.

I'll be interested to see how we tackle it when teams sit back and let us play. That has been our big problem under the last three managers

Oh, OK. (The 'sending Moss to the monitor' comment from Alan had me somewhat befuddled.) I wouldn't be surprised if the clowns appoint someone to issue apologies at every game now cos Webb can't keep up. #jobsfortheboys
I can’t be arsed to keep these fuckers straight

#notpaidtoknow

If I were Liverpool I’d offer us 30m for Gomes right now. Exactly what they need and they know we’d snap their hand off. Will be worth way more than that in a year or so.
He’s worth more than that now, IMO. Maybe not to every club, but to us? It would have to be a stupid offer to turn my head, personally.

The play in transition was a lot better last night. Forced an error, won the ball, straight on the counter.

I'll be interested to see how we tackle it when teams sit back and let us play. That has been our big problem under the last three managers
This is true. We can't play counter attacking football if the other team don't attack! 😂 In the past, even under the best version of Nuno, we really struggled against teams that sat back. In players like Cunha and Matheus we hopefully have the ability to run at them and make them commit which could create more opportunities. Ifs and buts though...

Yeah, not putting a dampener on anything but that is definitely where we struggle.

Back