• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man Utd v Wolves - The 'be nice to one another' verdict thread.

Draw was a fair result, but utd were annoying me - their players go down quicker than a cheap five dollar hooker...

Good point for us. Probably not a great spectacle for the neutral. Good defensively and liked what we saw of Podence. Probably showed them a little bit too much respect and sat a bit too deep at times. Manchester United may not be what they were but you still take a point at Old Trafford.

What strikes me the most is that we're mostly disappointed with drawing with ManU at Old Trafford !

Speaks volumes about where we've come and where we're going as a club.

The great reconciliator Pablo!

Not a very good performance from us really. Agree with Mark that it was not an exciting spectacle, neither side deserved to win that. Raul did a lot of good stuff, great to have Boly back and nice to see Podence make his debut.

Few shaky moments towards the end, thank fuck they missed that header right at the death. Pleased with the point and clean sheet, move on to the next game.

Great result for Chelsea. Less so for either United or ourselves.

Shaw & Harry ‘cheat’ Maguire successfully injured Traore. Not sure how Shaw stayed on the pitch.
Wish we would try & win games more. Having said that I am now disappointed when we go to any Manchester ground & do not win!

Shame to draw considering the chance Saiss had!

Think we were slightly too deep in that second half, they pinned us back but we found it difficult to break effectively.

Take a clean sheet anyway. Hopefully a win against Leicester in a couple of weeks!

Draw was a fair result: we were lucky with that double deflection off Boly/Coady
Worried about Adama - suspect that shoulder (was it injured in the tackle by Kane when he fell on it?) will ultimately need an operation.
And very impressed with Podence - looks a very intelligent footballer. You'd have the think the front three will soon be 37/9/10

And what was that with not giving the ball back after we kicked it out for Adamas injury? Scummy team, tactical fouling all over the place, Maguire at the ref every five minutes, pullling Adamas arm out of his socket. They deserve all the mediocrity they get.

Right result after that game - neither of us did enough to win - conservative game where no one intended to lose really.

Don't know why I bothered to listen to the Sky chat after as it was 90% about Utd - they mentioned that we had turned up but that was about it for us.

Right Result, a sign of the times when the mighty Manchester United have to try and kick Traore off the park because they can’t defend against him

Shaw & Harry ‘cheat’ Maguire successfully injured Traore. Not sure how Shaw stayed on the pitch.
Wish we would try & win games more. Having said that I am now disappointed when we go to any Manchester ground & do not win!

Thought Shaw was their best player tbh.

Both losers and Sheff Utd and Chelsea the big winners.

Some good spots, Jimenez was a handful, Jota is getting there and Neves was superb, particularly in the first.

Negatives I thought Doc had a shocker.

Shit game
Fair result
Thought Ref made one mistake, not allowing Traore to carry on, other than that he had a great game.

Jonny, and Doc were poor
Jota very Rusty as can be expected
Podence looked good especially the movement for that late chance.
Jiminez, was absolutely Fucked and not getting another Striker was glaringly obvious today, with Dendonker replacing Raul.

All in all really disappointed in only drawing with a poor Utd team.

Also I'm sick of the sight of Man United.

I'll put money on drawing them in the Europa if we both progress. Fuck off now.

Yep, for a fat lad who was going to be the one we got at he had a really good game

Is the correct answer.

No complaints from me regarding their play, you do what you can to win the game. A draw was a fair result I thought.
Useful away point.
Should gave been 3, if Saiss hadn't got a head like a fifty pence piece.

I thought Fred had a decent game too for them. Very disciplined in doing his defensive work. Neves looked the best midfield player on the pitch though. He needs to do more of this and impose himself on games regularly because when he does he's a super player.

Not very many years back we would have been looking at a trip to Old Trafford as a nice day out without much expectation - we are now dissapointed that we haven't got more than a draw

How much is them regressing & how much is us improving is open for debate (for me it's more of the latter) - not enough belief to really go for it for me & they were sticking legs/arms anything they had at times to stop attacks.

Back