• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man Utd v Wolves - The 'be nice to one another' verdict thread.

Even a broken clock... :icon_lol:

Oh, I don't. Principally as we hardly ever batter anyone, except West Ham at home.

I've no problem with us being recognised both within our fanbase and in wider circles as being a genuine top half team now which is basically what we are. I do think some of our lot go a bit far and expect us to knock over anyone bar Liverpool, we're still some way from being a team that joins together 4-5 wins at this level or that can go to places like Old Trafford and get a comfortable win.

We could have nicked it yesterday, didn't, it's still a good point.

Totally agree.

We’re at that place where we’re a safe Premier League outfit who, on their day, can take points of anyone.

We’ve still got the reputation of “always doing well against the big sides” which is now, largely, inaccurate.

It’s about going to the next level which means consistency. We’ve drawn too many games we should have won.

It’s going to show sone serious ambition and tons more money than we’ve spent up until now before we can start to have aspirations of Top Four.

My take on our current position is that, without being complacent, we are considered a solid top half of the table team and our objective is to establish ourselves as a group of three or four knocking on the door of top 6 or even top 4
We have become resilient which is a great quality to have, our next level must be to become ruthless and that’s our challenge.
I’ve seen many times this season and even yesterday when the opportunity was there we failed to take it or took the wrong option
If we can knit Pod into our system I think that he could be that missing link to allow us to take the next step
Comparisons have already been made with Hazard, but that’s perhaps a bit too early to judge, he certainly has the touch and ability to give us that extra dimension
Agree with earlier posts, Adama needs to have more confidence and drive into the box more, penalties are there, but perhaps it’s either a case where he would a too fast or too good for the defender or they’re too shit scared to challenge him. He is a different animal to Zaha, Sterling, Salah et al. who go down far too easily
Overall I’m just loving being a wolves fan, we are a proper team again and proud of it

We have only won one more game than Villa in the league, at the moment the difference between top half and bottom half is fine margins.

Are ‘fine margins’ an alternative name for ‘shit load of draws’?

Garth Crooks (I know, shouldn't bother me the amount of shite he writes) Team of the Week has no room for Neves in there, but he found a spot for Bruno Fernandes. Absolute clown.

Continuing the ratings criticisms Rosie getting pelters on Twitter for referring to Saiss as a Frenchman, whilst born there, everybody acknowledges he chose Morocco. I don't recall anybody calling Miroslav Klose Polish once he chose to represent Germany.

It’s the normal #wwfc twitterers. Proper embarrassment the lot of them.

Continuing the ratings criticisms Rosie getting pelters on Twitter for referring to Saiss as a Frenchman, whilst born there, everybody acknowledges he chose Morocco. I don't recall anybody calling Miroslav Klose Polish once he chose to represent Germany.

His father is french-moroccan and his mother is french, by definition he's more french than Moroccan

To counter, I don't recall anyone calling Andy Townsend an Irishman

Funnily enough we were talking about the 2006 World Cup in the pub yesterday and Germany's Polish contingent, Klose included, was mentioned.

Klose, Podolski and Trochowski all moved to Germany when they were really young.

Saiss is Moroccan though as that's what he chooses to identify as. It's far from Rosebud's worst sin, I'd say not understanding football is worse.

Back