• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Manchester City (H) 17/9: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've barely touched the ball since our subs.

I don't think we'd have gotten a result against this City team no matter who we had as manager or playing in whatever position.

Lage's not gonna get sacked after this, and it won't be the game that defines our season or Lage's reign.

Just a dose of reality for those ready to froth at the mouth at FT.
Well I totally agree there. This game wont be the decider. However, we really can't run the risk of waiting too long to make the decision. This squad is way way too good to be in trouble, but so was the Saunders squad in the division below. Let's not replicate that shit show.

Lol Jonny stays on, and my MOTM (not a high bar) is off.

Haha that’s amazing. What is the matter with this guy

I don't think we'd have gotten a result against this City team no matter who we had as manager or playing in whatever position.

Lage's not gonna get sacked after this, and it won't be the game that defines our season or Lage's reign.

Just a dose of reality for those ready to froth at the mouth at FT.

Have they won every game this season?
Are we considerably worse than Villa than Newcastle then?
Sorry the shrug the shoulders what can you do attitude isn’t a dose of reality.
1 win in 14 matches, no goal in any second half this season, less than a ppg after 7 matches and only netting 3 times. That’s a dose of reality

Are we considerably worse than Villa than Newcastle then?
Not particularly, and yes.

We are a team who doesn't score goals. Man City are. Today's result was practically inevitable IMO.

Without a shadow of doubt, we have the worst manager in the league by some distance.

Not particularly, and yes.

We are a team who doesn't score goals. Man City are. Today's result was practically inevitable IMO.

That last statement in itself says everything you need to know about our current predicament.
Once you start entering games with an attitude like that it tells you that something with your own side is severely wrong. Have we at least made them work for their win? No absolutely

BBC feed:

85 mins
SUBSTITUTION
Wolves 0-3 Man City

Chem Campbell on for Wolves, replacing Pedro Neto who 'blanks' again.

there'll be teams beaten by ManC by a much bigger margin and with 11 men on the pitch than us, today. Result as expected, men against boys

Bruno walking up and down on the side line talking to himself... Time to throw some players under a bus

Verdict thread is up. Please try and keep it cordial.

This will be closed soon.

Played so far
Leeds, Fulham, Spurs, Newcastle, Bournemouth, Saints and City.
I’d say that’s a fair spread of teams across the league. 6 points from 7 frankly is 4-5 points below par.
Today doesn’t define things but failure to get anything at Leeds being impotent for entire half’s of football v Newcastle and Bournemouth does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back