• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Manchester City (H) 17/9: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
I suspect the game will be on.

I do not think Costa will be involved.

--------------------------Sa--------------------

Semedo---------Collins-------Kilman-------Jonny

-----------Nunes------Neves----Moutinho---------

----------Podence-----Jimenez-----Neto------------

2021/22: L 1-5 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2020/21: L 1-3 (H), L 1-4 (A)
2019/20: W 3-2 (H), W 2-0 (A)
2018/19: D 1-1 (H), L 0-3 (A)
2017/18: D 0-0 (A, LC, lost on pens)
2011/12: L 0-5 (H), L 1-3 (A), L 2-5 (H, LC)
2010/11: W 2-1 (H), L 3-4 (A)
2009/10: L 0-3 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2003/4: W 1-0 (H), D 3-3 (A)
2001/2: L 0-2 (H), L 0-1 (A)
1999/0: W 4-1 (H), W 1-0 (A)
1997/8: D 2-2 (H), W 1-0 (A)
1996/7: W 3-0 (H), W 1-0 (A)

All down to how many of the local police are deployed for other things. The PL's silence so far must mean they are working to announce which games will be off rather than a statement like the one from the EFL about going ahead unless... (they had no choice as they have midweek games)

Expecting nothing less than what happened last time we played them. Now got a freak up front to go with their freak in midfield. Happy Days

To be honest - as good as they were in May (and KdB's performance was the best I have ever seen from anyone at Molineux in my 34 years of attendance), we were an absolute rabble.

A hammering on the same scale is very bad for Lage. We just about grubbed a win vs Southampton but it hasn't changed anything. We've still had a shit start with a very expensive and talented squad.

I would say they would have done us for 5 regardless that day. Probably the wrong game to try something different but that was then (should have been given 2 pens as well that night)

Just grateful they didn't have Haaland then with the amount of tap in chances they had and fucked up. Will be interesting to see how we go about this one. Stay with 4 or drop Toti in and go 5 and the back.

Little to no point throwing Costa in for this. Doubtful we'll even see him off the bench if we're being soundly beaten - what's the point? He said himself in the interview on the OS today that he needs 2-3 weeks to get up to speed. He'll be on the bench because we have no one else, but doubt he features.

Hopefully we can keep them to zero for as long as possible. Dan's team will be the one, but a toss up between Guedes & Podence for who starts.

I think he'll be on the bench to give a bit of energy inside the ground for when he warms up. With 9 subs he'll only replace someone else who isn't ever going to come on

Problem is putting him on the bench puts pressure/expectation to use him. If he’s nowhere is that a good idea? If he isn’t “nowhere near” then get him on!

Have there been any updates on Raul?

Premier League say the game is on (of course West Midlands Police could still say no, I don't think they will though)

It's Wednesday morning and no one has put up any ideas on how we are to set up to avoid possibly the biggest train wreck of the season!

It's Wednesday morning and no one has put up any ideas on how we are to set up to avoid possibly the biggest train wreck of the season!
We've got the best defence in the PL as it stands...

Ultimately, we have to appreciate that we're playing one of the best (if not the best) club sides in the world, with the most in form striker in the world. So we have to be realistic, while also trying to stay in the game for as long as possible.

I don't really think there's much to say on what Lage can do defensively. I don't see the point in switching to 5 at the back because they have enough quality to create opportunities on a regular basis whether we play 4 or 5. We just have to trust Collins & Kilman to do their thing. My concern is the full backs keeping their wide players quiet. I have a feeling they'll get in behind us quite regularly and all Haaland will need to do is hang around the 6 yard box and he'll probably get a fair few chances.

It's a complete free hit for us. Try and keep it to nil for as long as possible and see what Guedes/Neto can offer us on the break.

It'll be something like the team DW put up at the start of the thread, depending on Rauls fitness and a choice between Podence and Guedes.

Haaland is due to get injured soon, maybe tonight against his old club and Pep roulette. That's all I've got

FFS, there was probably a greater talent gap between the teams when we did the double over them, and we are shining examples of how a better team can lose to a worse one. If the players are as pessimistic as some of the comments on here, we might as well give the U21s a run out. 0-1 (Haaland, 90+5 :ROFLMAO:)

As it's a free hit, maybe we should give Boubacar Traore (T2) a run out even if for only 20 minutes or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back