• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Manchester United (A) 03/01/2022 5.30pm Build Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
United look to have got through tonight unscathed.

They looked absolutely pathetic at the back, Burnley had about 20 shots and probably could have scored 3/4 themselves. Can't wait to see us not lay a glove on them.

From today’s press conference:-

Bruno Lage confirms that Wolves have no new Covid-19 cases but that assessment is ongoing regarding the fitness of those previously sidelined with the illness.

“Pedro Neto will return in the beginning of January, five or six weeks to have the player fully fit."

Bruno Lage on January transfer plans: "The right thing is to find the best deal. We need one centre-back. We can find one more winger and a different striker, two or three situations we can improve. This is my desire and what I want."

Cristiano Ronaldo’s impact at Man Utd: "He is a machine for that. He is a massive player. Every team in the world would like a player like him. If they are not happy with him, I have a place for him here. I know they are happy with him."

Cristiano Ronaldo’s impact at Man Utd: "He is a machine for that. He is a massive player. Every team in the world would like a player like him. If they are not happy with him, I have a place for him here. I know they are happy with him."
I'm not sure Rangnick is totally happy with him. He wants to play a high press and it will only work if everyone contributes. Pep managed to get Aguero to buy into it, I'm not sure Ronaldo will. Juventus were happy to let him go after failing to win a tenth successive title with him in their team.

They've now resorted to getting 34 year old Cavani to do his running for him

We have to score at least twice today as Dean will give United a pen and Marriner will give them something on VAR

Pretty reasonable line up. Hopefully get RAN and Adama on to give us fresh legs as I worry a little with how patched together we might be. I watched Watford against West Ham, now they are awful anyway but they were also very lethargic. Hope we can frustrate them and exploit on break like Newcastle threatened to do recently

Sky has us starting with 12 men, with moutinho playing twice. Outstanding

Attachments

• F10C5AA2-9215-4FED-A012-0FB618123C2D.png
    F10C5AA2-9215-4FED-A012-0FB618123C2D.png
    419.6 KB · Views: 3
Comms here have just called CR7 "Christian Ronaldo". o_O

As if Americans needed any help sounding like we don't know fuck all about soccer.

Comms here really not favoring United, it has to be said. They've spent most of the last half hour talking about how bad Phil Jones is.

Does anybody know who's captaining Utd.?? or how long since Phil Jones last played, struggling to find out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back