• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Moxey The Canary

After slagging them off publicly for their conduct when they tried signing Afobe :icon_lol:

I wonder if he'll make their fans seethe quite so hard all the time.

I wish it wasn't Norwich. I don't think my sides will be able to take all the hilarious 'Delia Smith is a chef and makes pies fat Jez lolz' comments that are incoming all over cyberspace.

Some of those "replies" make me wonder when we stopped treating people as human beings sometimes.

Well I wish him well. Obviously he's had his ups and downs here and the time is right for him to leave, but he's nowhere near as bad as has been made out. The last few years haven't been good for him. He's played a pretty good pantomime villain and I do wonder who people will turn their attention to when he leaves.

Well I wish him well. Obviously he's had his ups and downs here and the time is right for him to leave, but he's nowhere near as bad as has been made out. The last few years haven't been good for him. He's played a pretty good pantomime villain and I do wonder who people will turn their attention to when he leaves.

Kenny Jackett if we start the season with a whimper

He's played a pretty good pantomime villain and I do wonder who people will turn their attention to when he leaves.

Indeed, the "Evil Jez" persona has taken a lot of heat over the years - some deserved, some not so much.

Indeed, the "Evil Jez" persona has taken a lot of heat over the years - some deserved, some not so much.

I thought he played up to it brilliantly during Craddock's testimonial!

I think that overall, he's done a good job whilst being here. I appreciate that there are many who feel he is/has been overpaid for a proportion of the time that he has been here. I think he has generally tried to do his best for the club.

Crowning moments - getting ridiculous fees for Camara (more than once!), Olofinjana, and the gentlemans agreement with Lescott. Plus Matt Murrays testimonial where he had the goalkeepers kit (I think?) Edit - or Craddocks :facepalm:

I wish it wasn't Norwich. I don't think my sides will be able to take all the hilarious 'Delia Smith is a chef and makes pies fat Jez lolz' comments that are incoming all over cyberspace.

She makes cakes not pies.

Ed Balls is chairman of Norwich!? Bit of a random change.

He's not quite the world class seller that he's made out to be, over the course of 16 years I'd say we got overinflated fees for Akinbiyi, Dinning, Camara, Olofinjana, Eastwood, Stearman and McDonald, we'd overpaid for some of those ourselves in the first place. I wouldn't say the fees for Fletcher and Jarvis were anything especially outlandish given how good they'd been for a couple of years in a poor team (they haven't done much since, but at the point at which we sold them it was about right). Kightly, Davies and Hennessey all went for low fees because we hadn't managed their contracts especially brilliantly, Rae, Miller, Jones and Sako all walked for nothing. Most of the other sales we've made in his time here were for decent money but nothing eye popping. We rarely got absolutely mugged on a sale (Vokes might be an exception, but then again he'd spent years doing not much in various loan spells and bit part appearances) but it's not like we used to rinse clubs every single year.

Most Wolves fans felt it was time he moved on, and he has done so. I wish him well at Carrow Road.

Can only thank him for what he's done and the situation he's left us in. We were an attractive financial option for Fosun because of the work he put in. He saw us through 2 sales and negotiated some transfer fees brilliantly through the years. The Fletcher/Jarvis sums immediately come to mind.

He is deserving of no blame for the failed players coming through or the hold on the redevelopment of the stands.

They're lucky to have him but my god will I be seething if there's ever a player we want from Norwich. It'll be like pulling teeth.

4/10 CEO - ran a tight ship but not an especially visionary, innovative or inventive tenure. A PR disaster and stayed far too long in a job he left not much better off than he found. Presided over the greatest and the worst period for Wolves over the last 25 years. Not a natural leader but clearly an adept administrator who would be a safe pair of hands if you were happy with your club going nowhere under a tight budget.

Tarnished in the later years with the Pennant and Clarke debacles and generally average in the transfer market, although he did command good fees for Akinbiyi and Jarvis not the Alan Sugar he's made out to be. Hangs on to managers far too long and has the Money Shop shame as his last sponsorship deal.

The current infrastructure is a credit to Morgan not Moxey in my eyes, that was Morgan's vision.

He does to his credit leave Wolves in a very healthy position and for that he should be thanked.

All the best Jez, and thanks for your hard work over the last 16 years.

Kenny Jackett if we start the season with a whimper

Agreed, he got off fairly lightly last season, no more 'Moxley', no more 'Scouse mafia', I think the new Consortium will be given a good reception and have a good run, might even hear less of the tedious 'thumbs up if you love Sir Jack'.
Yes the pressure is well and truly on KJ.

eww is thats Norwich new kit ? it looks horrible !!

f5f3ef9f4b3d4270af348907cfbedb71.png

That's their 3rd strip Dazza... They will be wearing that beauty when they visit Molineux

Back