• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Muso's Guitar Tart Waffle

£25, jeez! You must be some kind of underground cult band!

That's only the second copy I've ever seen for sale, the other was on eBay a couple of years ago. There are a thousand of them out there somewhere and I don't have any of them! I'd say they're worth around a fiver or so at best...

I haven't been in The Varsity for years, we played some great gigs there.

Boozad, you can always spot a guitarist trying to play a mans instrument, they need three fingures to hold the strings down :) :) :)

Boozad, you can always spot a guitarist trying to play a mans instrument, they need three fingures to hold the strings down :) :) :)

I was definitely no Cliff Burton
cry.gif

Mustaine was top notch as far as guitar playing but his voice was annoying at times. Rust In Peace was probably the most bearable when it came to vocals although So Far, So Good, So What? was my favourite Megadeth album.

As for guitar heroes, Dimebag Darrell was my all time hero. The stuff he could do with a guitar made the hairs on my neck stand on end. And for a lifelong fanboy, Francis Rossi and Rick Parfitt.

Mustaine wrote some of the greatest riffs of thrash on Peace Sells.

My all time guitar heroes are Randy Rhoads, Tony Iommi, KK Downing, Jeff Hanneman, Chuck Schuldiner of Death and Gary Holt of Exodus. Alex Skolnick of Testament shreds too.

Dimebag was a freak, a one-off. I can play large chunks of Randy Rhoads stuff but Dimebag solos are just ridiculous. Doesn't stop me playing the backing tracks of shit like Walk, Mouth for War and Fucking Hostile though.

We were doing a gig in Walsall once at The Wheatsheaf, my first band Heresy and Lacerator were heading. After soundchecking me and our other guitarist got up with their drummer and bassist and did an impromptu version of Cowboys From Hell. That was probably the most I've enjoyed playing a song live. The few people who'd turned up early to get pissed before the gig fucking loved it. Great times.

Got to give a good shout out to Scott Ian and Dan Spitz too, they could manipulate a guitar pretty well. And of course Max Cavalera and Andreas Kisser.

I played the Varisty once - 'twas a good night.

Anyhows I have a Burns Cobra Electric and a Takimine Electric-Acoustic which is my most favourite guitar I have ever owned. A crappy Acoustic Bass that collects dust, an electric acoustic mandolin and that pretty much outlines my working collection.

Andreas Kisser played some absolutely amazing leads on Beneath the Remains (which is in my car CD player as we speak)

I used to love Sepultura up to Chaos AD.

13/8

Honestly, I am usually happy with a 4/4 and lots of hemi-demi-semi-quavers in there

I once had an audition for a band that included one track in 19/16. I was expected to play along with this immediately. It didn't go far.

I have been monitoring a particular auction for a week, even checked on it tonight 30m before ending and missed putting in a final bid. I am fucking livid with myself. I cannot tell you how much I wanted this goddamn instrment.

RIMG0031.jpg

That is pretty sweet looking.

Yup. You might even be forgiven for the Kermit-shit green monstrosity on page one.

I've got a soft spot for 3/4
All the songs our bassist writes about his ex (that he still loves) are, subconsciously written in 3/4.
Most of our stuff is 4/4 but we do like to change it up mid-song. Keeps things interesting!

Back