• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Muso's Guitar Tart Waffle

I'll echo that :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtHbxsdExlE

THE greatest bass player that EVER graced this planet !

Sorry but never got into that whole metal / thrash thing although I appreciate what it meant, when you listen back to the origional NWOBHM stuff like Diamond Head and Angelwitch etc . you could see what they were aiming at, but I'm afraid when you see Spinal Tap you cannot take it seriously again !

Last edited:
I think you're getting a little prior to Diani, as my exposure to him was (is) as part on One Minute Silence, who were around 10-15years ago.

Got the DVD you sent yesterday Paul, cheers.

Does anybody know a decent place in Wolvo to get a guitar fixed? My acoustic was my dad's, it's older than me, and the first couple of frets have given up the ghost. I don't know if it needs re-fretting or the neck tightening, but I'd rather someone who knows what they're doing see to it. It's the best acoustic I've ever played, it's a copy of a Gibson Sunburst with the Hummingbird scratchplate, and it has the smoothest action I've ever known on an acoustic.

OneWay screwed me royally once when I sold my Jackson PS6, they could smell the desperation on me and bent me over and gave me a good seeing to. I'd be loathe to give them any of my money as I reckon they still owe me £200!

Tuned to DGCF, I bashed out a bass solo finishing on a high C yesterday. I feel unspeakably dirty in both the good and bad ways.

Extra Big Shove?

Over the cliff?

Me Fender Blues Deluxe goes to 12, across the board.

FBDTR_controls2.jpg

@Boozad One Way Music treat you like an idiot unless you bought the guitar from them.
My mate knows a luthier who may be able to fix up your acoustic. You'll have to look further a field than Wolvo though. I'll try and get hold of his details for you. I've never dealt with him before but he's recommended.
In the meantime, there's a place next to SoundControl in birmingham. The shop has closed but I think the tech still works in the building next door.
There's also a chap called Trevor @ PMT in Birmingham. And finally, this place - http://www.guitarrepairsbirmingham.co.uk - never been there myself though.

oooooh that Fender is sweeeeet

Not an amp that I can put into my type of music but I would love to have a fender blues head if I had three or four heads in a rack rig with a switching system. all the sounds and would cost about the same as a house!

I love it. Did a part-ex on my Blackstar HT20 plus £80.
I only use the clean channel so I thought I'd go for an amp with a gleaming clean sound. It takes pedals really well too, but I never really go heavier than a tubescreamer.
What music do you play Paddington?

Me?

Thrash and Death Metal

In addition, a lot of AC/DC and Randy Rhoads era Ozzy. Black Sabbath too.

And I love playing Maiden stuff

13/8

Honestly, I am usually happy with a 4/4 and lots of hemi-demi-semi-quavers in there

Good shout. I wrote a phrase in 13/8 in my old bands last album. It worked out as me playing a bar in 8/4 and a bar in 5/4, but the guitar phrase played out over both bars, making the entire phrase 13/8 :drummer:

Back