• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New keeper required

Ikeme is not a dreadful goalkeeper, but he is having a poor season.

Agreed but he saves shots from 10 or 6 yards but let's in shots from 20 or 30 yards. Dodgy eyesight mate. Should have gone to specsavers

Agreed but he saves shots from 10 or 6 yards but let's in shots from 20 or 30 yards. Dodgy eyesight mate. Should have gone to specsavers
Its not eyesight it's feet set in concrete, his movement on long range shots is woeful.

3rd goal today was right down the middle, but he dived which he didn't need to

3rd goal today was right down the middle, but he dived which he didn't need to

He dived and didn't get near it. I've just watched the goals again and the 1st and 3rd are really bad for a goalkeeper of any professional standard.

I'd say a striker, a centre back and a left back are more important than a keeper at this point.

I'd say a striker, a centre back and a left back are more important than a keeper at this point.
Yep. We can sort the keeper position out with Martinez and deal with it again in the summer.

Only if Martinez is fit. If Ikeme stays every team will have a punt from 20 metres plus and will get goals if Ikeme doesn't get replaced

Have you seen Hennessey lately?

Ikeme's not that bad a goalkeeper and made a terrific save against Flum to preserve our win.

This is one of DWs pet hates like Doherty and Edwards.

Ikeme's not that bad a goalkeeper and made a terrific save against Flum to preserve our win.

He's not good enough. He makes far too many errors and it's not because of the defence in front of him because it's usually a shot from distance. I said before the game talking to a steward that Ikeme gets beaten from distance far too easy, it's a shame that it proved right again today as even with our shit defence the game could have been completely different.

On Hennessey he's been excellent up until the Lescott header in the week and that seemed to have an effect on him today with the first goal.

For every save against Fulham or the last minute vs Brighton away he's also waaaay to prone to chucking one in.

Have to say there seems to be this romanticised vision from many Wolves fans of Ikeme being everything Matt Murray was but in truth they're not even in the same ball park.

That may be the case and I know what its !ike when DW has a cob on with a player BUT he is right. Ikeme is beaten too often from distance

Hennessey's not ours so I don't give a shit

Hennessey's not ours so I don't give a $#@!

Just giving a comparison.

It's all about confidence with goalkeepers and the shit in front of Ikeme wouldn't fill any keeper with confidence.

For every save against Fulham or the last minute vs Brighton away he's also waaaay to prone to chucking one in.

Have to say there seems to be this romanticised vision from many Wolves fans of Ikeme being everything Matt Murray was but in truth they're not even in the same ball park.

Who mentioned Matt Murray?

Back