• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New keeper required

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
We need a goalkeeper. Ikeme has been at fault for at least eight goals this season. That would be bad over an entire season. But it is about half a season. And he hasn't played most of those games.

An absolute liability. Dreadful goalkeeper and he must go.

I agree with this. The first goal today is awful and the more i see it the worse it gets. I'm pretty sure he could have done better with the 3rd too as it wasn't in the corner but his attempt to save it was poor to say the least. I don't want him to get stick but it seems he's immune in games and if Martinez had let those 2 goals in he would be getting dogs abuse. On top of that his kicking is beyond poor sometimes, kicking it our of play or nowhere near a Wolves player.

Dreadful is incredibly harsh. Up until this season he was more than good enough for us. Poor description to use for a player who has given his best for the club.

He was average at best before this season and this year he has been the worst keeper I have ever seen in a Wolves shirt.

And I remember Tony Lange.

He was average at best before this season and this year he has been the worst keeper I have ever seen in a Wolves shirt.

Wolves 2 Brighton 4..... Shudder.

Anyway as we know Jackett has no brains Martinez will remain on the bench for QPR.

Dreadful is harsh but I agree he needs to be dropped the first goal was bang down the centre although our defense is poor he doesn't seem the best of organizers which can't be any help.

Can we add "new centre half and captain" required?
If Danny Batth from Brierley Hill was call Roger Johnson from Ashford then he would be getting absolute pelters from Wolves fans! I said a few months ago that he was, at best, a clogger and stopper...He wasn't even that today

Be thankful you did not see Alan Boswell...

freddy_boswell.jpg

His distribution is shite as well.

Trouble is he's being told where to kick it by his coaches. So they are as much to blame as him.

And Posthma

I could not agree more. He gets beaten from distance too often. I highlighted this nearly 3seasons ago. I was not a professional keeper but I played a good standard. If I was beaten from distance's as often as him I would justifiability been given dogs abuse. Martinez to start re QPR and give us payback for his poor game earlier this season.

Agree that keeper is needed - 2 of todays could/should have been kept out.

Ultimately its the whole defence that needs reorganising - do that & there is sufficient ability further forward to keep us where we are likely to finish which is 10th.

We cannot give away 3 goals and expect anything other than a defeat

Gary Pierce will always have a softspot with me for that red shirt in that final 1974

Truthfully the best keeper all round in this league is Button at Brentford band you would get him for a six figure sum. Bargain

Ikeme is not a dreadful goalkeeper, but he is having a poor season and if replaced then cannot complain. I'd rather it was permanently though than with a bloke on loan

Back