• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New Kit

The gold badge just doesn't look right on blue. White and black suit our club theme more than blue.
The blue a away kit from 2007 was ok as it was a darker shade of blue, but this current blue and white one doesn't suit us, it's too much like a Man City or Coventry shirt for me.

But they're our away colours! And we've had lighter. The first away kit I ever owned:

gifthumb.php

I dunno, I guess I just don't put as much emphasis on traditional away colours as others do. As long as the away kit looks decent (which IMO this one does) I'm not fussed about what colour it is. As long as the colour isn't garish.

I take your point about the gold badge on blue though - the one in this post sorted that problem out rather well.

Don't get the doesn't suit us bit really, are we preset with colours and designs? Sky Blue was fine when Scoreline and Bukta did the kit.

I wonder what the cyber reaction would have been like when we had the tyre tread kit....

I fucking loved the tyre tread kit. You can't deny it was original!!

Don't get the doesn't suit us bit really, are we preset with colours and designs? Sky Blue was fine when Scoreline and Bukta did the kit.

I wonder what the cyber reaction would have been like when we had the tyre tread kit....

No we are obviously not preset to a certain colour scheme. We are famous for playing in Gold and black, neutrals can always spot our home shirt easily as it's our defining colour scheme. The obvious choice for away colours would be black, and we have had some decent black away kits. After, that IMO white looks well with black trim, as we saw last season.

I would like us to have an away kit that defines us just as well as our home kit. I can handle a blue theme, but Sky blue and white doesn't work for me.

Well fingers crossed for next June then.

Don't get the doesn't suit us bit really

All down to personal choice init. Some will like it, some will think its shit. Just something in me that does not like seeing Wolves in blue. And that colour and collar looks shite.

Another blue one, 2000/2001.

2b0c17ed9715856eccf8b6f3ccd1e7ec.jpg

I love that one. Think I had that with Colin Cameron's name on the back one Xmas. Personally I'm not bothered about the fact that it's blue, I just think it looks shite.

And we won't be only wearing it once. Contractually, we will have to wear it several times when there isn't a clash.

Indeed we will, but there will only be one occasion when we have to change due to a clour clash. Personally I think our change kit should be predominantly white.

All down to personal choice init. Some will like it, some will think its shit. Just something in me that does not like seeing Wolves in blue. And that colour and collar looks shite.
I get people not liking it, whether it's the colour or style. That's not suiting the individual

Not suiting us (the club) makes no sense to me. It's a football kit, done in a different colour to our home kit...so it suits us. If we revealed our away kit and it was some Cricket Whites or a Pittsburgh Penguinsesque kit then that wouldn't suit us at all.

I get people not liking it, whether it's the colour or style. That's not suiting the individual

Not suiting us (the club) makes no sense to me. It's a football kit, done in a different colour to our home kit...so it suits us. If we revealed our away kit and it was some Cricket Whites or a Pittsburgh Penguinsesque kit then that wouldn't suit us at all.

Dark blue & white stripes next season then? Or a cheeky claret & blue number?

Bloody hell, I doe like it. I don't like to see our club/players in blue. I get that it makes no sense to you, it's just me. I don't like us in blue.

Pittsburgh Penguins used to play in powder blue ( think it was their 3rd jersey) They looked shit too.

I like the Away shirt... looks a lot better than the home shirt.

I like the Blue with White, looks nice, my only concern is in a couple of years time will wearing that kit shout out "Wolves fan"....I think not, although I accept the club and manufacturers don't really want you wearing 2/3 year old shirts, they want you to buy knew every change

Back