• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New Manager Search *BACK ON*

Status
Not open for further replies.

The mastermind for Gerrard? Winning a 2 horse race in Scotland before coming to the Premier League and being distinctly average at best?
Before he and Gerrard arrived it was a 1 horse race. Chuck in some great performances in Europe.

Look it would be a gamble, but any manager is. Lopetegui might have struggled to settle in, Nuno might struggle without the heart of his previous squad etc etc.

Even if he doesn't arrive it at least shows those in charge of the club are able to look outside of the predefined Mendes strategy for the first time in 5 years. Rumours at a restructure behind the scenes as well is probably 18 months too late but I can't criticise if they are prepared to look at options outside the expected and do some thinking for themselves.
I knew nothing of Beale yesterday outside the Villa/Rangers stuff but even just a quick read up and you can see why we would look at him. Every box Fosun want is being ticked with him.
Only downside is of course his inexperience at being the Head Coach/manager.

I would join most on here at being excited and a little bit nervous IF he is our next head coach

Last edited:
The supposed 'ITK' is Stever who said he's been sworn to secrecy but its a man from a London club who has already been mentioned then people putting 2 and 2 together. Could just as easily be Marco Silva!

Because, if nothing else it shows the club can do things without Jorge telling them.
Paul Lambert? I'm open minded if Beale is going through a process and comes out on top, just don't see that the job he is doing at QPR is pulling up trees

If it’s neither Nuno or Beale, the odds all the other candidates are pretty long now. It’d be nice to get a tip off!

The supposed 'ITK' is Stever who said he's been sworn to secrecy but its a man from a London club who has already been mentioned then people putting 2 and 2 together. Could just as easily be Marco Silva!
Silva, Potter, Conte, Frank, Arteta, Gray, Wellens, Beale, Viera, Rowett, Moyes, Jackson, Garner, Young.

They're all the current London club managers.

I'm not doubting that he's a good coach or great man manager and he may turn out to be the new Potter but I am always dubious of career backroom guys who then have a go at being top guy. Sometimes it works but often doesn't as there is a big difference between being 'bibs and cones' and calling all the shots. I'm not saying he's not capable but I would need to see far more than 14 games at QPR before I'd start to be keen on him coming to Wolves especially given our current position and trajectory

Would you take Brendan Rodgers if he gets sacked by Leicester?
One one hand we would be daft not to look at him but on the other....I really don't like him and he falls into the what Teddy Sheringham thinks of one of our ex-managers category

Last edited:
His issue was he needed to take a rump of players with him at least for season 1. Telling them he'd not heard of any of them and they needed to show him who they were wasn't the smartest opening gambit. Effectively telling Kightly who was very popular in the dressing room to do one only added to that
Ah, the Clough at lufc approach...

I quite like the idea of Beale. He seems to have a deep understanding of the game, seems like he's not a dick and knows how to talk to people, seems like he's on the rise in his career rather than coming off the back of something negative and also wouldn't be a Mendes stooge.

He doesn't have experience, but I'd take ability over experience every day of the week. Obviously we want both but that's not always possible.

Holiday Madders going on today in The Athletic that the win yesterday buys the owners/Jeff time to make an appointment. No it bloody doesn't!

Holiday Madders going on today in The Athletic that the win yesterday buys the owners/Jeff time to make an appointment. No it bloody doesn't!
Fuck it, month till the season breaks, take your time Jeff

Sorry to be lazy. Could someone make a neat list of all the candidates there have at least been vaguely credible reports we've spoke to please?

Sorry to be lazy. Could someone make a neat list of all the candidates there have at least been vaguely credible reports we've spoke to please?
So far, ignoring the noise we only know we have spoke with Lopetegui.
Some discussion with Jorge and his crew for Nuno and if press are confirming Beale then we have spoke with at least his agent and of course some discussions with Rob Edwards for potentially a different role. That's it really but have to presume a few others we don't know about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back