• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New Manager Search *BACK ON*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolves fans do love missing the target even more wildly than a Gabor Gyepes free kick.

If we sacked Sellars right now it would have exactly 0% impact on our season. I don't think he should be in the position he's in but he isn't where the issue is.

To my mind Sellars' scalp is necessary to get to Shi IMO.

He isnt going of his own volition so we're going to have to go through the people he's used to insulate himself.

When season ticket renewals are down 30% Clark will be binned.

I don't think Shi goes unless Fosun wake up/we're formally relegated.

Is he the one that went on SSN and essentially did an appeal for Everton to employ him after being interviewed by them?

I think Sellars has actually done a reasonable job with our academy. That's where he should probably stay though.

Right. You'll be glad to know this is my final word on the subject. (at least until after Brentford :) )

On the face of it, Shi is acting with gross negligence. Nobody could ever be as stupid as he appears to have been. Not even Liz Truss and Kwaze Kwarteng (sp?).

Given the above then the only conclusion is that we are going to get Lopetegui in, so I'm going to relax and not fret about the Vile getting Emery :)

Is he the one that went on SSN and essentially did an appeal for Everton to employ him after being interviewed by them?
Hey I did 5 minutes googling, not read his autobiography!

Well after 5.5 minutes of googling, yes it would appear he was.

lying, towing the club line... He wants to keep his job so will say what he has to. Oh and all he said was Sellars didn't tell him to make subs... Pearson directing him what Sellars wants makes him only bending the truth
“.... I pick the team with James and we select how we play, how we defend and attack, and we make decisions on the substitutions. There’s been no interruptions from Scott. He does his job upstairs and we do ours down there.

“He sits watching the game and talks to matt around the game, not the decisions. That’s all he does. He doesn’t make any decisions on the what the changes are going to be and the shape.”

“.... I pick the team with James and we select how we play, how we defend and attack, and we make decisions on the substitutions. There’s been no interruptions from Scott. He does his job upstairs and we do ours down there.

“He sits watching the game and talks to matt around the game, not the decisions. That’s all he does. He doesn’t make any decisions on the what the changes are going to be and the shape.”
So why have the stats guy in the dugout and why did Sellars have the tactics boards and communication with him if he's nothing to do with the game decisions?

Why would somebody in the crowd who took those pictures make it up?

We know the motivation for Davis to talk rubbish, he wants to keep his job, but why everybody else?

As has been pointed out numerous times. He's helping out with the game analysis. Clearly that's what the white tactics boards were for, to make notes.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

This might actually be the funniest thing on here today.

Either you've not got a clue what an analyst does or you're drinking gallons of Sellars Koolaid.

Ff_gCd4WYAASf39

Jeff trying to decide if he could just do the coaching himself.

I'd take Pereira. Well I'd take almost anyone now tbh. Now being the operative word.

To be honest, we had a manager before in Lambert who used to brief journalists who he knew well with stuff that was spun to paint him in a good light. That wasn't much fun either.

Pereira's record with Porto was fine but that ended as long ago as 2013, it's ancient history in football terms. I'd be very wary of someone who's then spent nearly a decade primarily drifting through Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Brazil and China. They're not even second tier leagues.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

This might actually be the funniest thing on here today.

Either you've not got a clue what an analyst does or you're drinking gallons of Sellars Koolaid.
What's funny about that. It's literally his job.

Pereira's record with Porto was fine but that ended as long ago as 2013, it's ancient history in football terms. I'd be very wary of someone who's then spent nearly a decade primarily drifting through Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Brazil and China. They're not even second tier leagues.
Sounds very Zenga-esque. What could possibly go wrong?

Pearson was interviewed on the Spiers and Oatley podcast back either pre or just into Covid about the work he did and came across very well, although I wouldnt claim to have any real knowledge of his field.

He didn't sit on the bench

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back