• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New Manager who should it be?

of who is available who would you want?

• Total voters
If we took Holloway or Dickov I would be utterly staggered to be honest.

Holloway has comprehensively lost the plot, not just in a managerial sense (although he was poor at Palace and appalling at Millwall), he's completely away with the fairies. He comes out with absolutely bizarrely stuff on Sky. He said before the Leeds game that Afobe had openly said he wanted to leave in the summer (false) and that Ken subsequently told him he couldn't leave because Dicko got injured (false, we turned down all the bids before that happened). In his own little world and a deeply unstable person, he won't be coming here.

If we took Holloway or Dickov I would be utterly staggered to be honest.

Well we took Connor and Saunders. The club do tend to fire managers, and then bring in someone totally unsuitable. And that is my concern now. If KJ is sacked, who will Moxey bring in?

Well we took Connor and Saunders. The club do tend to fire managers, and then bring in someone totally unsuitable. And that is my concern now. If KJ is sacked, who will Moxey bring in?

Quick question, did you want MM sacked? Conner sacked? Solbakken sacked? Saunders sacked? In fact did you want managerial change ever?

Do you all think they do a good job?

I believe in showing loyalty to managers. I also think that a lot of the time the players should be held more responsible for results. The basic mistakes that were made against both Leeds and Wednesday were not the managers fault. They were down to schoolboy errors by professional footballers.

In all my time supporting Wolves the only manager I really wanted to see the back of was Tommy Docherty.

A quick question back. Sacking McCarthy and Solbakken did not make matters any better. Did you want them both sacked?

Mick - it was too late. The squad was bereft of confidence and we replaced him with his assistant who clearly has the same values. There was no point by then, had we sacked him a lot earlier we may well have had a better manager available to us (Hughes, O'Neill before December that season). It wasn't sacking him that was the issue but the timing of it.

Solbakken - I still would have liked him to got the January transfer window personally. Had we backed him and allowed him to sign players suited to his 'style' he would have had the chance for us to find out whether it would have worked out or not. Again - who we replaced him with was massively the issue.

I can see why you have little faith in us appointing the right manager HOWEVER Thelwell's only appointment was KJ so far and he has served us well for two seasons. He deserves a chance to be trusted in doing the same.

I believe in showing loyalty to managers. I also think that a lot of the time the players should be held more responsible for results. The basic mistakes that were made against both Leeds and Wednesday were not the managers fault. They were down to schoolboy errors by professional footballers.

In all my time supporting Wolves the only manager I really wanted to see the back of was Tommy Docherty.

A quick question back. Sacking McCarthy and Solbakken did not make maters any better. Did you want them both sacked?

I thought Mick should've been given til the end of the season.

Sacking Mick and Solbakken wasn't the problem, it was the complete and utter cretins that the complete and utter cretins replaced them with

Like I said on one of the many other threads - had I known we were effectively accepting relegation in mid-February I would not have sacked Mick. Not being possessed with the ability to read Steve Morgan's mind I thought it was inevitable and overdue if we wanted a shot at avoiding relegation, we subsequently chose not to have a proper go at it.

McCarthy should've gone at the end of the previous season and I did not agree with the sacking of Solbakken. However you are mistaken if you think their sacking didn't make things better, it was clearly the following appointments to both men that made things worse. That is clearly the fault of the owner and CEO. We do not know if things would've improved under either man and to assert such is silly (I know you haven't yet).

So the failings of all the respective managers is evident on the pitch as to quote MM 'this is a results business and you are judged on 'em'. All the managers that got the sack in my lifetime have had the sack for this reason.

Edit: Ninja'd whilst writing war and peace. Lupo, YW and DW have said it better than I have.

it was clearly the following appointments to both men that made things worse. That is clearly the fault of the owner and CEO.

Do you trust the CEO to make a decent appointment? based on his past dealings. Who do you think is in charge of the transfer dealings at Molineux? at the moment. I ask because I haven't got a clue.

It's a time of confusion. I'm hoping the announcement tomorrow is the club is about to be sold. This should give everybody some purpose and some trust in the new owners to bring in their people and get some stability back.

'I don't trust the club to find a good replacement' is no argument at all for keeping Jackett. Why not hand him a 20 year deal in that case?

I actually think they'd do well to find someone who isn't already horribly discredited (à la Ince, Pearce etc) who would do worse with this squad.

Moxey didn't even know about Saunders until Morgan took him to the training ground. That is horse's mouth. So don't tar him with that brush.

Who makes the call to sack KJ?
Moxey is the "face" of the club but Morgan still owns it. Does he take an interest and use his man on the board or just get Jez do what he wants

I think its clear though, that KJ is going nowhere this year. He will be in charge for the Reading and Brighton games and I don't see our board getting rid at all this season.

Who makes the call to sack KJ?
Moxey is the "face" of the club but Morgan still owns it. Does he take an interest and use his man on the board or just get Jez do what he wants

I think its clear though, that KJ is going nowhere this year. He will be in charge for the Reading and Brighton games and I don't see our board getting rid at all this season.

He does OK in div 1.

Their stance will certainly change if we lose against Reading.

Back