• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New - The things that really annoy you

Looking at Youtube or facebook to watch a short video on breaking news and..... you have to wait whilst 30 seconds of adverts scroll past.

Bear will be along shortly with a nefarious solution....

Bear will be along shortly with a nefarious solution....
Not nefarious, but if you go to the info button, press "stop seeing this advert" the next option is "return to video", where you won't have to wait.

It takes about 3 seconds, so worth it with the longer adverts.

I watch tons of stuff on my phone and smart TV so pay for YouTube Premium...

..... waits for everyone's jaws to be picked up.....

Though if I was watching on PC mainly then the browser extension uBlock Origin stops the ads. I use that as my main ad blocker on PC and it's brilliant. Way better than AdBlocker.

I watch a lot of you tube on the telly here. Seems to be ads every ten minutes but you can skip after 5 seconds on 2 out of 3 breaks and 15 on the third

Not nefarious, but if you go to the info button, press "stop seeing this advert" the next option is "return to video", where you won't have to wait.

It takes about 3 seconds, so worth it with the longer adverts.
Or do this, it's really easy, honest.

I've noticed the skip wait lengths are getting longer, or it's sometimes not skippable.

I get that nowt is free, and I haven't minded letting them run for creators I like, but some of the ads now are a whole video in itself.

If you do this, does it work for the whole video (Sometimes an hour and a half) or is it a one off every time?

As the calendar ticked over, so too did my health insurance.

This happens for every insured person in the United States at the same time. New year, new policy.

So it would have been nice if my doctor's had let me know that my insurance info on file hadn't been updated and get me on that, rather than just go ahead and charge me six times the usual price.

I love disputing charges. Just the best. My favorite, even.

Weekend at home so looked forward to catching up on some sleep. Friday night fall asleep watching TV after a bottle of wine and wake up at 4:30 with a right cricked neck, struggle to get back to sleep.
Saturday night no booze and go to sleep at 11:30, have a proper vivid weird dream and wake up at 2:30 and now I can’t get back to sleep. Get fucked.

I'm only crap at sleeping if I stay up too late watching TV or YouTube. I'm generally pretty good. In fact it was only when I got into my 40s that I stopped sleeping like a teenager where I wanted 9-10 hours per night, and could easily just stay in bed and go back to sleep once awake.

I think I remember a discussion on here where we basically discovered that we are all shit at sleeping.
There was and for what it’s worth, I haven’t had what would be described as a ‘good nights sleep’ for years and I don’t really feel any worse for it.

I seem to remember the evil witch used to get by on about 2 hours a night, mind you she went barmy at about my age.

I've definitely noticed a difference in my sleep pattern as I've got older. From teen up till 40s I just went to bed, slept right away till the alarm woke me up (hopefully). As times gone on I sleep more fitfully, now I wake up regularly, although usually I just fart, roll over and go straight back to sleep. Don't feel any worse for it. Maybe it's normal ageing process.

Back