• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New - The things that really annoy you

I could still gladly sleep 12 hours a night, I never get enough during the week and staying up watching NFL games since the new year has messed up my sleep patterns even more. I was looking forward to next weekend and getting a catch-up, but due to train strikes I've had to change plans and my one day away (for a party) has turned to three days.

I wake up loads during the night. I always blame my poor sleep on not being able to find comfortable pillows but it could just be that I’m shit at sleeping.

I usually go to bed around 00.30, straight off to sleep, wake up at 04.00 - 0430 for a piss, straight back to bed, straight off to sleep within minutes wake up at 0700 to cook my wife's breakfast, then my daughter's.

Lads on tour.

All for people enjoying themselves but never really understood why group trips have an exaggerated requirement to be as loud as possible, drink as much as possible, take ownership of a bar and subject every other poor sod to your hilarious banter.

Often done of course whilst proudly wearing your football/rugby/golf club colours.

Not sure why the British think the natives should be impressed when in reality we all get tarred with the same brush they just think we’re a load of tits.

This kind of insipid political (just about) commentary and how it's inexplicably popular:

What does that even mean, apart from you don't like the Tories? And surely they're only "traitors" if you voted for them?

It's like me saying "The BBC routinely screen Cash In The Attic featuring ordinary folk selling absolute crap they've had hanging around for years for mere hundreds of pounds, all while Tory MP Bill Cash advocated Brexit and the estimated 4% hit to GDP that has caused. More than a couple of hundred quid I can tell you.

Open your eyes people."

Get in the fucking bin with that sex blog cunt Russ In Cheshire.

Last edited:
The fucking never ending saga of trying to get a charge point installed at my house rolls on

Was originally told when our supply was being unlooped we would need the electric meter moved outside but when the unlooping was done, told we didn't need to do it. Happy days money saved

Purchased the charger....9 week wait and the engineer turns up.....he then refuses to drill through the walls required and fucks off.....5 days later no word from Octopus Energy to follow up. So had to chase them up and we are told our responsibility to contact National Grid to sort out and have the meter moved. Thats all fine....but you didn;t tell us this. Apparently they used to do site surveys before an engineer came out but have scrapped these. Would have been very useful indeed in our situation.
Even when National Grid come to do the ground work, still need Octopus here as they are the ones that have to physically instal meter outside.

Started this process in August last year.....Would be easier to have a Petrol Station installed on my drive I think.

The fucking never ending saga of trying to get a charge point installed at my house rolls on

Was originally told when our supply was being unlooped we would need the electric meter moved outside but when the unlooping was done, told we didn't need to do it. Happy days money saved

Purchased the charger....9 week wait and the engineer turns up.....he then refuses to drill through the walls required and fucks off.....5 days later no word from Octopus Energy to follow up. So had to chase them up and we are told our responsibility to contact National Grid to sort out and have the meter moved. Thats all fine....but you didn;t tell us this. Apparently they used to do site surveys before an engineer came out but have scrapped these. Would have been very useful indeed in our situation.
Even when National Grid come to do the ground work, still need Octopus here as they are the ones that have to physically instal meter outside.

Started this process in August last year.....Would be easier to have a Petrol Station installed on my drive I think.

Was quite impressed when I had mine, from EO, application/booking was all online but had to go through a bunch of stages where it asked you for specific pictures of where it was going, where your meter and consumer unit were, etc. Then someone quotes any extras and books you in off the back of that.

When the bloke turned up he just had to query back to the office whether he could fit the isolation switch horizontal rather than vertical otherwise it wouldn't fit above the consumer unit in our cupboard. Bloke at the office said he'd assumed that would be the case from the pictures and it was fine. So it meant could just drill straight through to install the charger, everything internally hidden in our meter cupboard and cable straight through into the back of the charger outside so no unsightly conduit or anything.

Twitter cuntery, I’ve just been banned for hateful conduct, my crime? Saying 4x4s, and big stupid pickups have no place in towns or cities.
Spouting racist nonsense, hate speech, holocaust denying and threats yea fine, I’m guessing it’s because knobhead Elon sells the big stupid cyber truck that I get a ban

You’ll be on a data base of banned users too Keef. Hope you’re not planning on going to the states any time soon.

Actually, whilst teasing, tbf you’d probably be ok on an ESTA but anything more and they probe your social media amongst other things.

Probably a bit of a leap to link a pop at 4x4’s on Twitter to a ban on entry but without going all Matt Le T, the scrutiny and questions can be a bit of an eye-opener.

Is it not an optional thing on the application now?

Never put my social media info on the application and of course plenty of people who have zero SM accounts.

I don’t think you have to declare all SM presence with the ESTA.

Because we’d been to Cuba last year we weren’t able to use an ESTA for the US later in the year (same for everybody who’s been to a country on the banned list since Trump’s decision to increase controls in 2021).

Once you’ve submitted everything it eventually involves a trip to the US Embassy in London. That is quite interesting to say the least.

Apart from a bit of rambly nonsense on here there’s not a lot to find on me and the missus only uses X and that’s strictly for work, but it does make you think.

Helen’s 9-year-old wasn’t feeling too good over the weekend and had quite a high temperature. We dosed him up and he seemed OK but went downhill after I left. She called 111 around 15:30 and eventually got a call back, told them his neck had started hurting and he had a really bad headache. They told her to go to A&E straight away and she got to Watford General around 16:30.
At 22:00 while they were still waiting to be seen he started being sick and went completely delirious. A nurse took a look at him and put him on an IV course of antibiotics straight away.
They didn’t get seen until 13:00 today, nearly 21 hours after they got there and it turns out he got that bad while waiting the delirium was actually sepsis. They then had to wait until 19:00 to get another dose of IV antibiotics. 27 hours waiting time, and because they never even admitted him into a ward, they just had to wait in A&E, Helen had the privilege of paying £45 parking fees.

Annoyed isn’t even the word, the kid could have been in serious trouble. I feel for hospital staff who are overworked but when it’s your family in trouble and having to put up with all of that it’s just infuriating.

Helen’s 9-year-old wasn’t feeling too good over the weekend and had quite a high temperature. We dosed him up and he seemed OK but went downhill after I left. She called 111 around 15:30 and eventually got a call back, told them his neck had started hurting and he had a really bad headache. They told her to go to A&E straight away and she got to Watford General around 16:30.
At 22:00 while they were still waiting to be seen he started being sick and went completely delirious. A nurse took a look at him and put him on an IV course of antibiotics straight away.
They didn’t get seen until 13:00 today, nearly 21 hours after they got there and it turns out he got that bad while waiting the delirium was actually sepsis. They then had to wait until 19:00 to get another dose of IV antibiotics. 27 hours waiting time, and because they never even admitted him into a ward, they just had to wait in A&E, Helen had the privilege of paying £45 parking fees.

Annoyed isn’t even the word, the kid could have been in serious trouble. I feel for hospital staff who are overworked but when it’s your family in trouble and having to put up with all of that it’s just infuriating.
Sounds awful, hope he's OK.

A 9 year old with suspected sepsis should be pretty high on the priority list! I have no idea what else they were doing/seeing ahead of that for that long! Can only be a total misdiagnosis at triage.

Regardless of underfunding of healthcare in this country, there always still needs to be emergency treatment, particularly In situations that can be life or death! It’s not like you can just “pay private” as emergency private healthcare doesn’t exist.

A 9 year old with suspected sepsis should be pretty high on the priority list! I have no idea what else they were doing/seeing ahead of that for that long! Can only be a total misdiagnosis at triage.

Regardless of underfunding of healthcare in this country, there always still needs to be emergency treatment, particularly In situations that can be life or death! It’s not like you can just “pay private” as emergency private healthcare doesn’t exist.
The original suspected diagnosis with 111 was viral meningitis which is why I just didn’t get how fucking long they had to wait. She was going out of her mind, had no sleep and nothing to eat for god knows how long and had to try and keep it together. Drove me mad I couldn’t be there with them but regardless that service was diabolical.

Sounds awful, hope he's OK.
He’s got to go back for two more bouts of IV antibiotics tomorrow and Wednesday. He had markers in his blood and they need to see if they’re reproducing. Hopefully not and it’s just the lung infection they finally diagnosed him with.

He’s got to go back for two more bouts of IV antibiotics tomorrow and Wednesday. He had markers in his blood and they need to see if they’re reproducing. Hopefully not and it’s just the lung infection they finally diagnosed him with.
Jesus, mate. Keeping my fingers crossed for y'all.

The original suspected diagnosis with 111 was viral meningitis which is why I just didn’t get how fucking long they had to wait. She was going out of her mind, had no sleep and nothing to eat for god knows how long and had to try and keep it together. Drove me mad I couldn’t be there with them but regardless that service was diabolical.
When I was reading it I was expecting you to say Meningitis. So I can’t make sense of why the care was so bad. That simply should not happen.

When I was reading it I was expecting you to say Meningitis. So I can’t make sense of why the care was so bad. That simply should not happen.
Exactly. When she called me from the car saying she was on her way and mentioned meningitis I told her she’s be straight in no problem. I couldn’t believe she was still sitting in A&E at 23:00. It just beggared belief. I couldn’t concentrate at work at all and was calling her all morning and when it got to 12:30 and they still hadn’t been seen I was really losing my shit. The more I think about it the more disgraceful it is.

I've never found 111 to be worth bothering with. Years ago my daughter developed a rash that wouldn't fade under a glass, we phoned 111 told them the symptoms and they said they'd get someone to call back. After 30 mins of waiting I said fuck it and went to A&E instead, to be fair we got seen straight away, no waiting at all.

We got the eventual callback from 111 the next afternoon.

Back