• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New - The things that really annoy you

Yeah and meanwhile the Bank benefits from sitting on frozen accounts for months.

Got my car washed this morning, one of those where you leave it with them and go back later.

Made the mistake of leaving the wing mirrors folded in, and rather than them opening the car and unfolding them with the button, they forced them out, which has broken the mechanism. Ace.
Not as if auto folding wing mirrors is an unusual thing.

I know, I know first world problems and my own fault to a degree. But it's still pissed me off.

Ouch. That is going to cost a bit of wedge.

What’s their position on liability etc?

Ouch. That is going to cost a bit of wedge.

What’s their position on liability etc?
I didn't realise until I got home, as they were "out".
Not sure what to do as I'm sure they'll deny all knowledge - and it's probably left at my risk.

But I'm going back in a bit to have a chat with them.

Oh wow, that’s a tough one.

Thinking about it I’d imagine it’s just a fuse or relay of some sort which hopefully won’t be too bad but even so.

I didn't realise until I got home, as they were "out".
Not sure what to do as I'm sure they'll deny all knowledge - and it's probably left at my risk.

But I'm going back in a bit to have a chat with them.

Looks like you might be able to reset the mechanism. You may need to have a dig for a vid that shows your particular model but this gives a flavour which might help:

So i went back down there and had a moan, they said that they didn't "force" them open, but that sometimes the high pressure washing can wash away the grease from the motor/joint and that i should try spraying some WD40 into the area and that should sort it.

I'm not so sure.

But i will try that and the reset option in videos above and see how it goes.

Local authority funding has been cut by approaching 50% since 2010, with no adjusting statutory responsibilities.
It's pretty inevitable more coucils will go similar routes.

Local authority funding has been cut by approaching 50% since 2010, with no adjusting statutory responsibilities.
It's pretty inevitable more coucils will go similar routes.
This. And the automatic response will be to blame the local authority, when the reality is that funding from central government has been systematically cut back for years under Tory Governments, with Labour run councils been particularly targeted for lower funding. And I imagine the access to extra money for targeted projects from European Commission grants has now also disappeared thanks to Brexit.

The situation for many local authorities is desperate. They can't provide essential services effectively and all the ones stupidly considered non-essential such as libraries and leisure centres are virtually gone or pared back to absolute skeleton service already.

This just isn't right. The people who need the most help are the ones who will suffer the most
so the government have repeatedly and drastically cut birmingham councils funding (I would also acknowledge the equal pay issue and IT issue are part of the problem, but the funding cut is the most significant imo).

The government have "agreed" to loan some money to aid the council get through the short term, with the fucking requirement that the council sells off at least 1.25 billion worth of assets;
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c3g0y1xvqgvo

Which will significantly worsen the situation for anyone in birmingham, and will also hamper the city's ability to regenerate.

Sat in a small, busy and very quiet hospital waiting room scrolling through TWF.

Lady in the very next chair takes a call and starts jabbering away on speakerphone. Yak yak yak.

Took it for about 2 mins then asked her to take the bloody thing off speakerphone which she did to be fair.

I dunno, not sure if that’s being unnecessarily irritable or not but it just pisses me off and reading the room sense others felt the same.

Can’t understand why so many people can’t seem have a phone conversation without having to see them too.

Back