• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New - The things that really annoy you

It always surprises me how comfortable people are being racist or sexist in public, they expect people to automatically think similarly to them.

But then when you look at the Mail or the Express, then maybe I shouldn't be surprised.

It always surprises me how comfortable people are being racist or sexist in public, they expect people to automatically think similarly to them.

But then when you look at the Mail or the Express, then maybe I shouldn't be surprised.

It's the look of shock/pained disappointment when called out for it that really pisses me off.

Yesterday evening (in Jersey) I was talking to a guy (originally from the UK) who complained that there were too many people in Jersey and not enough housing, etc. He failed to understand me when I pointed out the irony in his comment.

The racists are empowered by the lead up to and the result of the EU referendum.

Yesterday evening (in Jersey) I was talking to a guy (originally from the UK) who complained that there were too many people in Jersey and not enough housing, etc. He failed to understand me when I pointed out the irony in his comment.

The racists are empowered by the lead up to and the result of the EU referendum.

Recently I feel like anyone who has the opposite opinion to them is seen as just being difficult or ridiculous now.

Today's dose of surprise hatred happened at work. After calmly asking the steaming pile of shite to speak to me in my office and explaining why his behaviour was so fucking odious I was asked 'are we supposed to say People of Colour now, is that right?'

Don't fucking do that. Don't try and pretend that the goalposts are being moved too fast for you to keep up. The word he used I last heard in about the mid 90s when I was a child and even then I knew it wasn't right.

We've had three different colleagues up on EDI disciplinaries at work in rapid succession.

One for using ableist language. A customer with an autistic child heard and complained.

Another for using racist language.

and finally, a colleague who dropped the homophobic F slur.

The homophobic colleague heard an called out the racist colleague 🤦‍♂️ but that didn't deter them from their own discrimination.

Our (formerly) ableist colleagues defence at disciplinary was it was a private conversation, the customer shouldn't have been listening. I wish I was joking.

So many people are emboldened. These cases weren't instances of idiotic or 'generational' discrimination but out and out hostility.

Yeah this bugs me. Is that phone call so important that you need to continue it whilst shopping one handed? Even worse are the ignorant fuckers who go to the tills and continue their conversation and ignore the checkout operative
Used to get that on the buses, they’d be at the front of the queue on the phone ignoring me, so I used to ignore them back and deal with the people behind, amount of instantly angry people that said “ why you ignoring me? I’m at the front of the queue” to be told “ you’re on your phone talking to someone else, I didn’t want to interrupt your important private conversation about the lad you shagged from the nightclub last night”
Did get into trouble for that a few times

They genuinely don’t think they are saying anything wrong. It’s society that is wrong for trying to stop them making racist statements.

Not annoyed, more frustrated

Wed 28/02 evening flight Jersey to Guernsey due to fog. No big deal flew the next day at 07:30.
Fri 01/03 due to fly Guernsey to Man at 17:20. Informed by email that flight cancelled due to technical issues. Rearranged flight for 08:00 02/03.
01/03 email received just after 21:00 to say 08:00 flight cancelled due to technical reasons and switched to 17:20.
02/03 email received at 08:46 advising me that 17:20 flight is now delayed until 18:35 due to technical reasons...

On a similar flight related theme, am just about giving up with easyJet. Becoming almost impossible to piece an independent mini break together with all the critical timings that need to come together for such a trip.

Two coming up that have both been rescheduled or cancelled altogether. The rescheduled flight won’t work as cocks everything up time-wise, and the rebooking of the cancelled one comes at several times the initial price.

Pretty sure we had one recently that we were effectively booted off, only to see they were still selling tickets for that very same flight, only again, at this time approximately 3 times the initial price we’d paid. That’s got to be illegal never mind sharp practice.

Anyway, starting to think it’s just a lot easier going through agents for the whole thing and letting those problems be theirs not yours.

On a similar flight related theme, am just about giving up with easyJet. Becoming almost impossible to piece an independent mini break together with all the critical timings that need to come together for such a trip.

Two coming up that have both been rescheduled or cancelled altogether. The rescheduled flight won’t work as cocks everything up time-wise, and the rebooking of the cancelled one comes at several times the initial price.

Pretty sure we had one recently that we were effectively booted off, only to see they were still selling tickets for that very same flight, only again, at this time approximately 3 times the initial price we’d paid. That’s got to be illegal never mind sharp practice.

Anyway, starting to think it’s just a lot easier going through agents for the whole thing and letting those problems be theirs not yours.
This is almost exactly what happened to us in September when we were flying to Berlin for the marathon. We'd booked flight and hotel through Easy Jet, flying from Edinburgh. Edinburgh to Berlin flight cancelled, they said we could fly the following day but it meant the whole package was cancelled. If we'd have got the flight the following day, we'd have lost the hotel, and with the marathon, we would never have got another room so late in the day. The only thing we could do was get a flight from Gatwick on the original day, keeping our hotel booking but meaning we had to have an overnight stay near to Gatwick for the early morning flight. It was an absolute pain and added about £300 to the cost of the trip.

My gaffer has just mandated a three day in person meeting, in France for a bunch of us dotted around Europe. For in four weeks time :ROFLMAO:

Mate I need 4 weeks notice to have a bath, never mind to get three days away from the kids you fucking bellend. How about, I don't know, asking people what dates might work before booking a conference centre and hotels for a dozen people?

I’m glad it’s not just the company I work for that presumes everybody is always available at all times.

Not annoyed, more frustrated

Wed 28/02 evening flight Jersey to Guernsey due to fog. No big deal flew the next day at 07:30.
Fri 01/03 due to fly Guernsey to Man at 17:20. Informed by email that flight cancelled due to technical issues. Rearranged flight for 08:00 02/03.
01/03 email received just after 21:00 to say 08:00 flight cancelled due to technical reasons and switched to 17:20.
02/03 email received at 08:46 advising me that 17:20 flight is now delayed until 18:35 due to technical reasons...
Not annoyed ? You are one very patient person .

Not annoyed ? You are one very patient person .
It's a given that when travelling to and from the CIs, there's a high risk of travel disruption (particularly during winter/spring). I regularly travel to and from the CIs and resigned to that. Getting annoyed or angry isn't going to change anything.

You'll be able to take the tunnel soon.
(To France. Not actually soon)

Companies who round up a group of women from the office, take a photo and shove it on LinkedIn to celebrate International Womens Day. Cynical, virtue signalling tokenism. Create an environment of inclusivity and equality 365 days a year, not just for your photo op.

Last edited:
Back