• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New - The things that really annoy you

Sat in a small, busy and very quiet hospital waiting room scrolling through TWF.

Lady in the very next chair takes a call and starts jabbering away on speakerphone. Yak yak yak.

Took it for about 2 mins then asked her to take the bloody thing off speakerphone which she did to be fair.

I dunno, not sure if that’s being unnecessarily irritable or not but it just pisses me off and reading the room sense others felt the same.

Can’t understand why so many people can’t seem have a phone conversation without having to see them too.
It's a Covid-era relic I think.

Saw/heard some proper old duffers doing it in a pub in the middle of the day a few months back. Wait until you get home!

Oh and youngsters who see wankers on The Apprentice holding a phone like that and copying. Er, excuse me Kayden or whatever your name is, they're doing that on a TV show because we the viewers need to hear both sides of the conversation. I don't on the train, thanks.

Blame the Apprentice.

No fucker can use a phone properly on that

(presuming they still do this as lost interest a few years back as its no longer about becoming an Apprentice to the Amstrad fuckwit)

Yeah, if I have to take a call and I'm in the pub with mates (so by definition, people I know and trust) I'll go outside and speak. Total strangers certainly don't need to hear my business.

It's always completely inane stuff with these people too. Like any of that couldn't wait.

People in supermarkets, strolling round chatting away, picking stuff off the shelves.

It's just basic respect isn't it. Same as playing music out loud on public transport. Forgot your headphones or don't have any? Then you don't get to listen to it for a whole 20 minutes, do you.

See also: parents letting their kids run riot in pubs/restaurants. Can't behave then they can't come. No they can't run around. No they can't play Bluey at full volume on their tablet.

People in supermarkets, strolling round chatting away, picking stuff off the shelves.
Yeah this bugs me. Is that phone call so important that you need to continue it whilst shopping one handed? Even worse are the ignorant fuckers who go to the tills and continue their conversation and ignore the checkout operative

I think some people just like noise. I’ll never get that.

Maybe I am a bit odd. I lived by myself for quite a long time and was very good at it. I never once put the key in the door after a long day and thought, Oh the house is cold, dark, empty, silent.

Every single time I opened that door I thought, hallelujah, thank fuck for that!

I think some people just like noise. I’ll never get that.

Maybe I am a bit odd. I lived by myself for quite a long time and was very good at it. I never once put the key in the door after a long day and thought, Oh the house is cold, dark, empty, silent.

Every single time I opened that door I thought, hallelujah, thank fuck for that!
Same, I loved living alone. Thought I would struggle when I moved in with the Mrs but I'm over 4 years in and doing ok but I did love living alone. As I work from home I have the place to myself a hell of a lot anyway

Same, I loved living alone. Thought I would struggle when I moved in with the Mrs but I'm over 4 years in and doing ok but I did love living alone. As I work from home I have the place to myself a hell of a lot anyway
2017-2021 pretty much alone for me, plus parts of Manchester/Germany when I was young.

I didn't mind it but the first lockdown did hit me mentally towards the end, goes with the territory of having bipolar I suppose. The stupid rules made no allowances at all for people who didn't live right near family/friends.

Wouldn't swap back!

2017-2021 pretty much alone for me, plus parts of Manchester/Germany when I was young.

I didn't mind it but the first lockdown did hit me mentally towards the end, goes with the territory of having bipolar I suppose. The stupid rules made no allowances at all for people who didn't live right near family/friends.

Wouldn't swap back!
Well you are well lurrrrved up now!

On buses in Birmingham the majority are happy to have speakerphone chats. The most cringe thing about it isn't the mundane-ness, but how people seem so content for particularly unflattering information to be out there. Like the results of their trip to the STI clinic!

I reckon there's an ITV drama in #ChargerGate. Who would play Kenny?

Racists.

I don't know if I'm putting out some kind of EDL vibe but I seem to attract these cunts like flies to shit. I have no idea why they seem so comfortable expressing their revolting bigotry in front of me but I'd like it to fucking stop.

Racists.

I don't know if I'm putting out some kind of EDL vibe but I seem to attract these cunts like flies to shit. I have no idea why they seem so comfortable expressing their revolting bigotry in front of me but I'd like it to fucking stop.
There have been a number of families placed into the town and every morning the families walk over the level crossing to take the kids to school. They are never any problem but I had one of the track workers in the signal box today, wanging on about "all these illegal immigrants taking up school places from British kids"...

I couldn't stop myself from explaining that if they have school places, they aren't illegal! I also pointed out that he should find a new place to get his "news" from as they are clearly scaremongering arseholes! (aka racist cunts)

Last edited:
Back