• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New - The things that really annoy you

More train stuff, people eating stinky food on trains. The best part being they've not booked a seat and they're making said sandwiches whilst sitting in the accessible seats, so quite feasibly could have never been able to make them at all.

Trying to get doctors appointments is an actual joke. Connor been bad with a cough (much worse at night) for almost 2 weeks. Whenever you get through to the doctors always told no appointments, call back at 8am. 8am - phone lines jammed and can't be added to queue. Rinse and repeat. He obviously needs some antibiotics to shake it, but can't get an appointment. They kindly asked me today if I'd tried any over the counter stuff, wow never thought about that

Trying to get doctors appointments is an actual joke. Connor been bad with a cough (much worse at night) for almost 2 weeks. Whenever you get through to the doctors always told no appointments, call back at 8am. 8am - phone lines jammed and can't be added to queue. Rinse and repeat. He obviously needs some antibiotics to shake it, but can't get an appointment. They kindly asked me today if I'd tried any over the counter stuff, wow never thought about that
It must be different in every area. My lad rang the doctors (might have been online) this morning as my grandson has been a bit rough for a few days, swollen glands etc. Got him in to the docs at 5.15, some meds and advice.

Take him to an Urgent Care Centre/Minor Injuries Unit. They will assess him and prescribe antibiotics if that's what he needs.

I did this at one in Derby last year for my 70 year old mum who had a chest infection and bad cough. We only waited about 50 mins to be seen. Much quicker than A&E or keep ringing the doctors.

Also she had a really bad throat last Thursday. She couldn't get a doctors appointment either so by mid afternoon they had the local pharmacy call her. They told me to use my phone torch and look at her throat and describe it to them (pink, inflamed and swollen obviously!) and was told if she went in so they could take look at her throat then they could also prescribe antibiotics if necessary. Not without seeing her first though.

I see you're in Telford and you have four near you. Two at the hospitals. Though the hospital ones will have longer wait times as they are part of the A&E departments usually. Go to one of the other two. They are open 9am - 9pm.

https://www.shropshiretelfordandwre...and-help/minor-injuries-and-urgent-treatment/

You can also ring 111, explain the symptoms and they'll book you an appointment at one of these so you don't have to just walk in and wait. I'll be doing this in the future.

Honestly they're better than doctors IMO nowadays. Worth ringing round your local pharmacies and asking if the pharmacist there can take a look him too first.

My doctors is exactly the same. The only way you can get an appointment is queueing up outside at about 7.30 and waiting for them to open, that works, but is ridiculous state of affairs. Don't know if that's an option?

same as my GP's. I also work with students who have health issues, and invariably their feedback is the same.
One option for you, if the dr isn't available, ask for an appt with a nurse. I did this for an abscess. They book you in straight away. If the nurse needs a doctors opinion, they fetch them in to the appt!

Hoping your lad gets an appt and feels better soon!

Dr had requested I arrange an appointment in January, to discuss recent blood test results. After several attempts to get through on the phone, I called in at the end of january, and arranged an appointment for this morning at 850.

Arrive at 845, tried to book in on the screen and it informed me I had a problem with appointment and to book in at reception. Queued for 15 mins to be told it was a phone appointment (not originally informed) so returned home to wait for a call that was scheduled for 850.

Finally recieved phone call at 1250, and a locum calling from Leicester (I live in wednesfield) had no idea why I had requested an appointment, checked my blood results and said they're fine!

Wtf is going on, if the practice can't keep up with the amount of patients they have, why are they advertising for more to register? Fucking joke.

Tried Bridgnorth yesterday, turned up to a completely empty waiting room (literally nobody, I thought they were closed) only to be told they can't do anything there for him.

Took him to Princess Royal to find A&E completely overran, 2 hour wait just for triage and 6 for the doctor. Sacked that off.

Miracle of miracles I've managed to get through to the doctors and got him an appointment this morning. Really shouldn't be this hard.

Tried Bridgnorth yesterday, turned up to a completely empty waiting room (literally nobody, I thought they were closed) only to be told they can't do anything there for him.

Took him to Princess Royal to find A&E completely overran, 2 hour wait just for triage and 6 for the doctor. Sacked that off.

Miracle of miracles I've managed to get through to the doctors and got him an appointment this morning. Really shouldn't be this hard.
It's terrible, glad you've got him in now.
Don't understand why it's so bad but also varies surgery to surgery.

Its the one thing in MD that hasn't broken. I haven't had to use the Dr's since moving here 3 and half years ago but the MiL has a loyalty card!
They have a system here where each hour they keep some appointment times open, so if people call in and require a Dr they can try fit them in. Many a time she has phoned in and they have told her to go down between 11 & 12 and she will be seen. Never had to wait more than a day to so a Dr.
Wife booked a routine appointment and had a 3 week wait though.

My favourite thing about the MiL getting her appointments so easy is doesn't hamper her ability to moan about shit for no reason and my favourite was when she was sat in the surgery with our neighbour, who had kindly taken her down and they had a good old whinge which included "Its ridiculous how hard it is to get a Dr's appointment these days" as they sat in the surgery an hour after calling.

Wednesdays are when we do our price increases/decreases at work.

Putting the tickets out this morning and had an item which was £1.90 the new ticket was £2.20. Prices increase, sure. However the increased price has been designated a 'pocket friendly prices' line. So people will look at that thinking its a budget item. Snide.

My favourite thing about the MiL getting her appointments so easy is doesn't hamper her ability to moan about shit for no reason and my favourite was when she was sat in the surgery with our neighbour, who had kindly taken her down and they had a good old whinge which included "Its ridiculous how hard it is to get a Dr's appointment these days" as they sat in the surgery an hour after calling.
Yeah, so much better in the 50s and 60s when you could just walk up and sit to wait your turn...

One of the surgeries local to me totally sacked off appointments. Only way to get seen was turn up in person, first come basis. Fuck that shit, glad I'd moved from them a couple of years before.

on a related note, had a text from my GP practise saying I am due a blood pressure check (they must know I am a wolves fan lolz!). Click on the link to book. OK. Click, verify who I am, no slots available. So I am going to have to contact the surgery anyway...
(have been checking the availability now for 3 days, never anything. I need convincing there are ever appts available tbh...)

A Sikh man who works as a cleaner at work has had one of our staff tell him that his Kirpan is a 'dangerous weapon' and that he can't wear it there. How fucking ignorant are some people?

Poor guy has been having sleepless nights over the comments she made apparently.

Back