• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New - The things that really annoy you

Punctures (again!)
Glad I took other posters advice to stock up a couple of spare inner tubes mind.

Punctures (again!)
Glad I took other posters advice to stock up a couple of spare inner tubes mind.
Hmmm. My car was in a garage (5 miles away) today having a repair done. It was ready at 10.00am to collect.
My plan was to go in in my bike, leave bike at garage, bring car home, then go back into garage in my van to pick bike up.
Got bike out of shed, (a good while since I used it) back tyre was very flat, went to get a bike pump, realised both pumps were in the boot of car after football. Doh!
Bike was just about rideable, but it nearly killed me doing five mile on a fairly flat tyre 😆

Seems to be a new trend in our area (not sure if it's also happening wider spread) of doing raffles on Facebook. One chap has set up a page selling 350 numbers at 20 quid and paying out the winner 5k, keeping the other 2k for himself. Amazingly it seems popular and he's sold the full lot of numbers a few times already. 🤦‍♂️

200w.gif

People are just unreal sometimes aren't they. You can't even get 33/1 on Fulham going down right now (25s is the best). Imagine chucking £20 on that, if someone offered you 33s. Thanks, pretty sure I won't be seeing you in May for the winnings.

Seems to be a new trend in our area (not sure if it's also happening wider spread) of doing raffles on Facebook. One chap has set up a page selling 350 numbers at 20 quid and paying out the winner 5k, keeping the other 2k for himself. Amazingly it seems popular and he's sold the full lot of numbers a few times already. 🤦‍♂️
Wouldn’t that need to be regulated? A raffle at a local club maybe not but when you are talking about large amounts….

Wouldn’t that need to be regulated? A raffle at a local club maybe not but when you are talking about large amounts….

Probably he's been telling people not to put "raffle" on the payment references

Does he do the draw live on Facebook or behind closed doors?

A 28% skim is quite the thing :D

You actually can report them to the Gambling Commission as I'm fairly sure he's breaking any number of rules. I wouldn't ordinarily advocate being a grass but this seems to be fair game. Literally preying on poor people.

Yeah live on Facebook. One of those wheel spin jobs.

There's loads on FB if you look, seen a few admins setting up sites with fake names and doing a runner with cash, the daughter went through a phase of playing them during lock down. Banks have also got wise and closed accounts down, will look odd when DWP start checking banks and they've got thousands being transferred in every week.

Heating in the office triggered a migraine today.
Can't change it without having God himself sign it off. It was set as warmer than Rome in a heatwave.

Left work an hour early feeling like shite and wanting to throw up....horrible journey back from Leeds and 4 miles from home my body gave up, thankfully as I was passing a lay by.....wonderful sight for others drivers as I threw up my lunch on the roadside #stayclassy.

On a similar theme: Facebook marketplace, read an article this morning in one of the online news channels which said 30 odd% (34% iirc) of stuff advertised is a scam. £18M of scams i think it said.
Sorry if im a bit vague on detail but you get the drift..

On a similar theme: Facebook marketplace, read an article this morning in one of the online news channels which said 30 odd% (34% iirc) of stuff advertised is a scam. £18M of scams i think it said.
There was a feature on BBC Breakfast about it as well this morning.

Heating in the office triggered a migraine today.
Can't change it without having God himself sign it off. It was set as warmer than Rome in a heatwave.

Left work an hour early feeling like shite and wanting to throw up....horrible journey back from Leeds and 4 miles from home my body gave up, thankfully as I was passing a lay by.....wonderful sight for others drivers as I threw up my lunch on the roadside #stayclassy.
Ah sorry mate. I know that sort of experience all too well, it's fucking miserable.

Also what I hate is the look some people give you when you tell them you've had or are about to have a migraine.

Ah sorry mate. I know that sort of experience all too well, it's fucking miserable.
I probably should have avoided the drive but 115 miles up the road not an easy "can you pick me up" request.
Did consider using the expense account and book a hotel but just wanted to get home.

Last edited:
There's loads on FB if you look, seen a few admins setting up sites with fake names and doing a runner with cash, the daughter went through a phase of playing them during lock down. Banks have also got wise and closed accounts down, will look odd when DWP start checking banks and they've got thousands being transferred in every week.
A lot of drug dealers use these FB raffles to launder money. They raffle off stuff they've taken on tick in exchange for drugs.
They raffle off Rolex's, cars, motorbikes, I've even seen a jet ski. Some lads selling tickets for €50 each!

I probably should have avoided the drive but 115 miles up the road not an easy "can you pick me up" request.
Did consider using the expense account a booking a hotel but just wanted to get home.

I've been known to have a quick nap in the car in a carpark or layby before now, still usually have a banging headache afterwards but at least passes the distorted vision and numbness phase of a migraine. Thankfully been a long time since suffered with one, think combinations of dehydration/caffeine/too much artificial light were my big triggers as went through spells getting them semi-regularly at work and managing those factors better has definitely helped.

It’s an unregulated lottery and therefore always used to be illegal under sales promotion law.

on top of that get mates to set up any number of shill accounts. And cycle through those accounts as the winner in multiple draws while you relieve the marks of their cash.

And the “winners” can even give the grift advertising traction.

You just need a big enough pool of dumb victims and social media is good at that

Sandflies. Why do these fuckers go for your eyes? Nice bite in my lower eyelid and it looks like I have had a bust up with Tyson Fury.

Train booked yesterday from Watford to Wolves at 18:30, obviously everything at that time was being affected by the storm but our train was still running. It was called at 50mph meaning we’d be a couple of hours late but I could accept that. But all of the gimps at Euston hearing it was the last train heading north decided to all cram onto that train meaning we’d have needed a shoe horn to cram us in Watford. No chance of even getting on it let alone to our reserved seats.

Why the fuck do these people think they have a right to get on a train they obviously haven’t booked for, and why do Avanti let them? We had to go back to Rickmansworth and stay at Helen’s the night, great for me but it’s cost me and Cass a day’s holiday at work and Sydney a day off school. Fucking wankers the lot of them.

Back