• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New - The things that really annoy you

I’m all for people putting a positive spin on things to get them going, but Christ. Don’t talk to me like Phil Neville is some Renaissance philosopher ffs.
i think the quote is actually from Teddy Roosevelt but i love that Jakey gives it to Average Neville

It's easy.

Work starts at 9am....so you go

Get up at 6.15am. Take Dogs for a walk and then feed them on your return
Go upstairs to talk with wife who is getting ready to actually drive to work
Stay on the bed for 5 mins and think will head down in a min and pop the kettle on for a coffee
Fall asleep
Wake up at 9.15 with 2 Dogs using you as a pillow
Spend rest of the day being annoyed/getting Jakey H comments from ace people on the internet
fucking check out marcus rashford here...

Took me a minute to realise what Jakey H meant.

Thanks to Still Game a jakey to me means an alcoholic tramp.

images

Inventor of the Beefy Bake. Not to be snivelled at on your CV.

Inventor of the Beefy Bake. Not to be snivelled at on your CV.
I presume they got into trouble or told not to use Gregg's Steak Bakes. First few series they call them that then all of a sudden change to Beefy Bakes

Went for a job interview ( I’ve got a zero hours one atm,other one was full time) went ok, said they’ll be in touch, they’ve been in touch saying the position is temporarily suspended, and they’ll be in touch when they know more details.
Ffs if I haven’t got it, just say, rather than this bollocks they’ve told me

Went for a job interview ( I’ve got a zero hours one atm,other one was full time) went ok, said they’ll be in touch, they’ve been in touch saying the position is temporarily suspended, and they’ll be in touch when they know more details.
Probably a dumb idea (and I guess you've already considered it) but couldn't you set up a cycle service and maintenance business?

Have thought about it, not a great bet from the bank for a loan on zero hours.
Decent van 5k or thereabouts
Signwritten van business cards, website, 1-1.5k
Insurance £500
Spares, basics,
chains 5-7,8,9,speed 5 of each, £200
brake pads (at least 4 different types) 100 of the most popular, £1 a pair, £100
cassettes, 5,6,7,8,9 speeds, 1 of least popular, 3 of the most, £300
cables box of 100 stainless 3 different types, £60 a box, outer cables brakes and gear £30 for 50 metres.
tubes( 7 different tyres sizes and widths) 10 of each at least £2, £140.

So reckon on 10k to start, could have done it in the pandemic if I hadn’t been a stupid key worker that had to work all the way through.
Other local mobile bike mechanic used his redundancy of 25+ years in the nhs to start his, house was paid, said the money wasn’t doing anything, so thought he’d give it a go.

Me mr minimum wage, with no car to start out the back of has a bit more of a struggle

Have thought about it, not a great bet from the bank for a loan on zero hours.
Decent van 5k or thereabouts
Signwritten van business cards, website, 1-1.5k
Insurance £500
Spares, basics,
chains 5-7,8,9,speed 5 of each, £200
brake pads (at least 4 different types) 100 of the most popular, £1 a pair, £100
cassettes, 5,6,7,8,9 speeds, 1 of least popular, 3 of the most, £300
cables box of 100 stainless 3 different types, £60 a box, outer cables brakes and gear £30 for 50 metres.
tubes( 7 different tyres sizes and widths) 10 of each at least £2, £140.

So reckon on 10k to start, could have done it in the pandemic if I hadn’t been a stupid key worker that had to work all the way through.
Other local mobile bike mechanic used his redundancy of 25+ years in the nhs to start his, house was paid, said the money wasn’t doing anything, so thought he’d give it a go.

Me mr minimum wage, with no car to start out the back of has a bit more of a struggle
Could you not start on a part time basis and build it up? Maybe buy the spares as you need them?
I'm assuming you already have most of the tools.
I mean there a few cyclenerds on here for a start that don't seem to know one end of a spanber from the other😉

Could you not start on a part time basis and build it up? Maybe buy the spares as you need them?
I'm assuming you already have most of the tools.
I mean there a few cyclenerds on here for a start that don't seem to know one end of a spanber from the other😉
I’ve got a few spares, and a trailer to tow behind the bike, sort of limits me for distance and what I can carry, went to a job once where bloke had said “ my gears don’t work, asked a few questions, he just said they just don’t work” took the basics with me, cables, cutters, screwdriver, got there he’d fell off, completely taking out the rear gears, they were hanging off, had to bike 6 mile home to get bits, then bike back, got back to him, he’d gone to work!

I’m sounding real defeatist on this, it’s something I can do, but just need a reasonable wage to at least buy a small hatchback to start

Sounds to me like they want you, but there is an issue with funding the post. If you weren't what was required, they'd have told you, or not bothered getting in touch at all.
Possibly/probably out their hands or someone higher has moved the goalposts.
You're obvs capable cos you're getting interviews mate. Keep your chin up & keep plugging away. Confident you'll get a contracted hours job soon!

I’m sounding real defeatist on this, it’s something I can do, but just need a reasonable wage to at least buy a small hatchback to start
I'd assumed potential customers would come to you. I'm not trying to make out it would be easy.
I dont think youre defeatist, you know loads kore about the subject than me.

Back