• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New - The things that really annoy you

I'd assumed potential customers would come to you. I'm not trying to make out it would be easy.
I dont think youre defeatist, you know loads kore about the subject than me.
I was thinking mobile, more convenient, you don’t have to struggle getting bikes in your car, fuel money on coming to me, I’d just stick a fiver on the bill for my running costs, would be mentioned up front with that.
Cheers for the positivity though

so started job December, they paid for a DBS, Midas minibus training, first aid course, costs all in about a grand, did a bit of in-house training as well, had a letter this morning saying they’ve looked at the costs, and decided they don’t need dedicated minibus drivers.
Wonder if the other bloke that started the same day had the letter as well, he hadn’t actually started due to DBS issues.

You have some stinking luck with jobs!!
You’re not wrong, I should really have taken the blood money from Serco last July and not taken the holier than thou stance about the way they treat prisoners and asylum seekers.

not annoying, but sticks with the last bit of the thread.
Just had a phone call from ex boss at last job, she’s hugely disappointed I didn’t phone to explain my not turning up at work this morning, and how she thought I was better than that.
I told her to go see the headmaster and ask about the letter he sent out saying I was no longer required, then hung up.

not annoying, but sticks with the last bit of the thread.
Just had a phone call from ex boss at last job, she’s hugely disappointed I didn’t phone to explain my not turning up at work this morning, and how she thought I was better than that.
I told her to go see the headmaster and ask about the letter he sent out saying I was no longer required, then hung up.
Sounds like they're a well organised outfit.

sounds like our place! my boss either has no idea, or doesn't care about the fact that she's alienating absolutely everyone within the team, or she doesn't care. It's worrying where 80% of the team are looking to leave, and 10% are wanting to retire in a year.

5 minute interviews, just been to one, at a dealership
Interviewer, hi, it’s a full time job delivering car parts.
Me, yea hi, yea that’s fine, thought it was delivering cars, the advert just said driver, was a bit vague.
I. It’s a small van, covering bits of Shropshire, Stafford, Lichfield big chunk of the Black Country, delivering to the trade.
M. Yea I’ve been driving a transit minibus on school runs, small van no problem.
I. Great we’ll be in touch, gets up, shakes my hand, thanks me for attending, shows me out the room, walks off.

Going back to the Met.

A Chief Inspector has been found dead today, killed himself because he's under criminal investigation over possessing thousands of images of kids.

Braverman complained yesterday that Labour were trying to politicise the issue and it was wrong to do so. 10 minutes later she was agreeing with one of the Tory backbenchers who stated that it was Sadiq Khans fault!

Kahn’s been calling the Met out on it hasn’t he? Sacked the last commissioner been unhappy with them for a while

Sticking with my moaning about jobs shit ( I’ll shut up at some point) the job I had an interview for and then got told the position was suspended, became available again, exactly the same job, same place, so I applied again.
Apparently my driving experience isn’t a suitable match this time.
Wtf?
Have emailed asking why it’s not suitable, when 10 days ago the same person said it was exactly what they were looking for, you know for feedback on what I can do better, not because I want to call them twats and have an argument.
I know they’ve looked at the cv and just binned it because I applied 10 days ago, before anyone says that.

Sticking with my moaning about jobs shit ( I’ll shut up at some point) the job I had an interview for and then got told the position was suspended, became available again, exactly the same job, same place, so I applied again.
Apparently my driving experience isn’t a suitable match this time.
Wtf?
Have emailed asking why it’s not suitable, when 10 days ago the same person said it was exactly what they were looking for, you know for feedback on what I can do better, not because I want to call them twats and have an argument.
I know they’ve looked at the cv and just binned it because I applied 10 days ago, before anyone says that.
Jesus mate, I've seen it before where it's said'previous applicants need not apply', perhaps the interviewer has read your postings on here and thought "f#ck that", I do, genuinely, hope you get something soon mate

Jesus mate, I've seen it before where it's said'previous applicants need not apply', perhaps the interviewer has read your postings on here and thought "f#ck that", I do, genuinely, hope you get something soon mate
Ta mate, I’ve had a couple of proper phone interviews last couple of days, the one I stand a good chance with, I’ve got the experience and a bit over qualified for it, if that comes off I’ll nip to the bank and see about a loan for a van and start doing the bike repair stuff at the weekends.
I’m just at that tricky age I think, mid 50s trying to do something different to what I’ve been doing for the last 30 years, people think are you fucking mad or what, why aren’t you sticking with bus driving?

Back