• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Newcastle 1-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

How many league games have we failed to score in now? 13 or 14? That is a really dire stat. When we are good we can be very good but when we are bad we are rancid. I am just pleased we are not playing Southampton next after their tonking today

I think the plan was to contain them, then hit them through the lines with the front three getting in behind. Unfortunately the front three disappeared for 80 mins.
It works with players who can hold up the ball or beat players. Hwang can’t do either, Fabio struggles to hold it up on his own and Trincao’s ball retention is terrible and his beating players is very hit and miss. Doesn’t have the pace (or desire/strength) to keep ahead of them anyway.

How many league games have we failed to score in now? 13 or 14? That is a really dire stat. When we are good we can be very good but when we are bad we are rancid. I am just pleased we are not playing Southampton next after their tonking today
In some circumstances being wary of a team coming off a bad result is warranted - Chelsea are doing exactly that. But that's, y'know, Chelsea. They're a bit good. Everton and Newcastle aren't.

There's showing a team respect and there's playing overly cautious - way too much of the latter on our part.

I typed "Chang" last week, and its down to me not being a typist and having fat fingers on a small tablet, fuck all to do with racism, and anyone who suggests that needs therapy.
Its inevitavble that angry fans on a keyboard will attempt to vent their fury on players who had a crap game, such as nicknames like "dendonkey" et al ,but its hardly racist in my book although not that clever either as I know to my cost over a misguided play on words in a comment on Raul.

In some circumstances being wary of a team coming off a bad result is warranted - Chelsea are doing exactly that. But that's, y'know, Chelsea. They're a bit good. Everton and Newcastle aren't.

There's showing a team respect and there's playing overly cautious - way too much of the latter on our part.
It's just a really strange mindset. Rather than they've just been stuffed their confidence will be low, it's they've just been stuffed they'll be keen to bounce back. Somewhat ignores why they were stuffed in the first place - because they aren't very good

It works with players who can hold up the ball or beat players. Hwang can’t do either, Fabio struggles to hold it up on his own and Trincao’s ball retention is terrible and his beating players is very hit and miss. Doesn’t have the pace (or desire/strength) to keep ahead of them anyway.
Yea, i know. We have players, but one was missing, one can only do 20 mins, and one was suspended. We certainly need someone who can head a ball now that Raul has given up doing that, and Fabio's hair gets in the way...

And a reminder that we're not the only top eight team to be beaten by lower opposition. Arsenal 0-Brighton 2, Everton 1-Man U 0.
I just think we are going too deep into it. Newcastle are scrapping for points, and off the back of a heavy defeat.
I think what we all need to do is wait for the end of the season and judge then, and hope the board do the right thing.

We are seriously struggling up front.
Raul is nowhere near the raul before the injury, we lost Neto when he was on fire, we miss jota, Fabio is just coming to fruition after a baptism of for far too early for him in this league.
We simply havent managed to buy a decent forward since jota and we don't look like doing so in the near future either.
In my book we need two decent midfielder and two decent forwards, but I won't be holding my great, we seem to be as a club in the buy em young with potential and bring em through the ranks mold.

And a reminder that we're not the only top eight team to be beaten by lower opposition. Arsenal 0-Brighton 2, Everton 1-Man U 0.
I just think we are going too deep into it. Newcastle are scrapping for points, and off the back of a heavy defeat.
I think what we all need to do is wait for the end of the season and judge then, and hope the board do the right thing.
On our day we'll give anyone a game, when it's not our day we struggle.

I think the reason we agreed to sign Hwang Hee-chan (playing safe with his name!) was when he first arrived and scored a few goals there was some reported interest from other teams including Liverpool if I remember right. So panic buy before someone else secures?

That wouldn't make sense if we had an option, which far as I know we did - it would be right of first refusal. Liverpool could've offered £100m and we would still have priority. We just decided to execute it earlier than we needed to, for some reason.

Xg of 0.3 is pathetic . We need to do a decent amount of business in the summer or else next season will be a struggle.

I wonder if Lage was "blooding" the kids last night?

He could have played Saiss, but played Cundle, he could have brought on Chiquinho, but he brought on Chem Campbell.

Obviously this is daft when we could still have a chance at Europe, but i'm just trying to make sense of things.

Back