• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Newcastle 1-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Still pissed off now and could be until we play Burnley. 5 hours there and back to watch that and Bruno just not change anything.

Yesterday was mainly on him although the players were individually poor too and the senior players all had bad games.

Sa at fault for the penalty but not going to blame him too much. He comes to out to close down chances more often than not.

Back 3 were all poor defensively and on the ball, looked really nervous.

Marcal did not have one of his ok games, how he lasted 80 minutes i’m not sure.

Cundle tried and although nervous he never hid and in the last 10 minutes he looked the most likely to create something. Moutinho was awful, possibly one of his worst for us after being fantastic last week.

Trincao actually worked hard in the first half, won tackles, closed down well but poor on the ball. Not sure what he did second half.

Hwang is a really poor footballer most of the time. Can’t believe he made it to half time never mind 77 minutes. Not sure how Bruno couldn’t see that. Wouldn’t care if he never played for us again but can we stop calling him Hwank, cunty behaviour.

Fabio tried hard again and looked decent when we got it into him again but not when he asked him to battle with Burn. Has to improve his heading but nearly got us an equaliser all by himself.

Subs were ok but they couldn’t be as bad as the players they replaced. Squad needs improving and Bruno needs to be able to adapt much quicker too. We’re not quite good enough anyway imo but we’ve still had a good season although you wouldn’t think it with a lot of fans comments imo.
I presume you object to Dendonkey and Jokè?

Pipe down... I think you are looking for stuff that isn't there. And on your own too.
Fine. I don’t need your permission or your support.

White men making boorish jokes based on Asian names is your thing not mine.

Calling him "Chang" as I've seen on a few occasions on here is far more racially charged, but I'm sure it's an honest mistake.

Willian Joke can keep his hilarious nickname, the idle bastard.

Fine. I don’t need your permission or your support.

White men making boorish jokes based on Asian names is your thing not mine.
I didn't actually write anything about Hwang apart from saying he was shit yesterday. Your apology will be accepted.

Just no need for it really. Don’t think it’s funny or clever. Personally find it a bit disrespectful, rather fans just criticised their performance.

Said my piece though, if people want to carry on then they’re entitled too. Still think it’s cunty and that there’s no need.

Just no need for it really. Don’t think it’s funny or clever. Personally find it a bit disrespectful, rather fans just criticised their performance.

Said my piece though, if people want to carry on then they’re entitled too. Still think it’s cunty and that there’s no need.
Fair enough.

Back to the football, I don’t think that first half was wildly different to the Everton one. And on that day we played against a worse team and we had a better side out. We also benefitted from Hwang getting injured.

If we’d have scored from the first forray into their half like we did against Everton then the game would have likely gone the same way.

Playing this contain bollocks is the problem, and it’s clearly design

Back to the football, I don’t think that first half was wildly different to the Everton one. And on that day we played against a worse team and we had a better side out. We also benefitted from Hwang getting injured.

If we’d have scored from the first forray into their half like we did against Everton then the game would have likely gone the same way.

He said after the Everton game that the plan was to sit back in the first half as they'd been spanked 5 the previous week and knew they'd be on the front foot looking to put things right. Clearly that was the strategy playing a team coming off a similar result yesterday.

I think the plan was to contain them, then hit them through the lines with the front three getting in behind. Unfortunately the front three disappeared for 80 mins.

I think the plan was to contain them, then hit them through the lines with the front three getting in behind. Unfortunately the front three disappeared for 80 mins.
It's a bollocks plan. Didn't work under Nuno, hasn't worked under Bruno.

It's a club thing and too much of a coincidence to happen under two consecutive managers.

Whoever has come up with it needs fucking off.

It's a club thing and too much of a coincidence to happen under two consecutive managers.

What's the answer, apart from replacing 1/2 the team? Genuine question.

I'm not there, because it's bonkers - the strategy, not your theory, but if there is truth in it then it can only come from Sellers and also was only adopted by Nuno post Thelwell going and Sellers becoming more prominent

I'm telling you lads, we don't want Europe 😂

Probably because it would stretch our squad too thin!

Back