• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Newcastle 1-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Yeah if he said that about Shelvey that's laughable, Newcastle had just got gubbed 5-1 by Spurs, if we'd have got at them early in a similar fashion to how we started against Villa then we'd have been in a great position.

However with having such a lack of flair and pace available to him, he should have played RAN, who would have at least got us further up the pitch, although i can defend that to an extent as Marcal has been decent against Villa, but as soon as Podence got injured RAN should have come in. Or Semedo, with Jonny switching over, but again that's hindsight as moving Jonny would have appeared mad after his previous two games.

I don't think Lage had a game plan of us being so bloody passive, but the players he put out there were always going to be with so little pace and flair, BUT there was only really Semedo (is he 100%?) and RAN that may have given us that flair.

I've really liked what i've seen so far from Chiquinho, i really like his desire and character, i know others don't feel similarly, but i'd much sooner see him in the side than Hwang or Trincao, and was surprised to see Campbell coming on ahead of him last night.

However one thing that none of us know is how they are performing in training, what their attitudes are like, how Ramadan effects Saiss and RAN, we just don't know. I would have started both Saiss and RAN last night, but would they both be fit enough?
The only flair Semedo has is if he wears a pair.

#crazyconspiracytheory5231 we don't actually want to get into Europe. Every time we get close we shit the bed on purpose

Could there be any reason we wouldn't want European football?

The truth of the matter is none of the games are a gimme. We just aren't top six material yet. Only Chelsea,Liverpool and Man City win almost all their games.
We have to hope that this summer they get it right. No saying that they will, but we all hope that they will finally!

The truth of the matter is none of the games are a gimme. We just aren't top six material yet. We have to hope that this summer they get it right. No saying that they will, but we all hope that they will finally!
I don't agree with this. We are clearly top 6 material and it is also clear the manager is not.

The players we have are good and with a competent game plan, which to be fair to Lage he can do, we would easily be in the top 4 hunt.

It's just so frustrating to watch us play like we have against West Ham, Palace and Newcastle away, particularly when Lage comes out with his bullshit after the game.

I'm starting to dislike this about him, just admit you got it fucking wrong, your ego will cope.

Still pissed off now and could be until we play Burnley. 5 hours there and back to watch that and Bruno just not change anything.

Yesterday was mainly on him although the players were individually poor too and the senior players all had bad games.

Sa at fault for the penalty but not going to blame him too much. He comes to out to close down chances more often than not.

Back 3 were all poor defensively and on the ball, looked really nervous.

Marcal did not have one of his ok games, how he lasted 80 minutes i’m not sure.

Cundle tried and although nervous he never hid and in the last 10 minutes he looked the most likely to create something. Moutinho was awful, possibly one of his worst for us after being fantastic last week.

Trincao actually worked hard in the first half, won tackles, closed down well but poor on the ball. Not sure what he did second half.

Hwang is a really poor footballer most of the time. Can’t believe he made it to half time never mind 77 minutes. Not sure how Bruno couldn’t see that. Wouldn’t care if he never played for us again but can we stop calling him Hwank, cunty behaviour.

Fabio tried hard again and looked decent when we got it into him again but not when he asked him to battle with Burn. Has to improve his heading but nearly got us an equaliser all by himself.

Subs were ok but they couldn’t be as bad as the players they replaced. Squad needs improving and Bruno needs to be able to adapt much quicker too. We’re not quite good enough anyway imo but we’ve still had a good season although you wouldn’t think it with a lot of fans comments imo.

The problem with Lage is it's Plan A or nothing. If we start well and we get on top then we genuinely look decent (if still lacking in goals, but that's a personnel issue). If not then we look absolutely rubbish, and he never changes anything for the better. Subs are either too late or don't happen, he's gone down the Steve Bruce route of playing ALL THE FORWARDS a couple of times, tactically we're dead easy to shut out when we're behind.

He does also talk some alarming bollocks when we lose. He's done it now against Palace, West Ham and Newcastle, all inside six weeks or so. Like genuine McGhee style nonsense.

I don't agree with this. We are clearly top 6 material and it is also clear the manager is not.

The players we have are good and with a competent game plan, which to be fair to Lage he can do, we would easily be in the top 4 hunt.
Fair enough, but equally i don't agree that Bruno isn't a top 6 manager in the making. He's learning this league as he goes. I'm sure when they hired him they and he would have discussed that.
We have good players no doubt, but we have shit ones too. It needs good players in every position x 2, so when you get injuries we are not fucked.

Fair enough, but equally i don't agree that Bruno isn't a top 6 manager in the making. He's learning this league as he goes. I'm sure when they hired him they and he would have discussed that.
We have good players no doubt, but we have shit ones too. It needs good players in every position x 2, so when you get injuries we are not fucked.
That goes for game plans as well

It's just so frustrating to watch us play like we have against West Ham, Palace and Newcastle away, particularly when Lage comes out with his bullshit after the game.

I'm starting to dislike this about him, just admit you got it fucking wrong, your ego will cope.
You edited after i replied! He is admitting the game was on him on Wolves.co.uk.

I've not amended Hwang's name, but someone will have to educate me as to why doing so is racist? It's not been done in a way to mock his race or ethnicity, purely his football ability. No different to the use of Dendonkey surely? Unless I'm missing something?
If this is what SB is going on about then it's bollocks. Amending a players name because of his performance isn't racist ffs...

What is this learning the league? His tactical issues over the last month or so don't have anything to do with a lack of understanding of PL football.

What is this learning the league? His tactical issues over the last month or so don't have anything to do with a lack of understanding of PL football.
Maybe i should have said learning his craft in this league. Portuguese league is somewhat different. I'm sticking up for the guy, not really trying to crucify him in his first season in the toughest league in the world. You have your opinion, and i have mine yes?

Back