• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Newcastle 1-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Fabio is better and is actually ours. We are safe and we are never signing Jose on a permanent deal in a million years so Fabio should start all of the games from now on
I agree, I guess to a point Jose has done a job in so much as it’s enabled us to take Silva out of the firing line for a while. No way in a million years should we be signing him though, zero movement, rubbish attitude. Really need to see plenty more of Silva from now on.

The first 30 minutes were so bad it was hard to get that out of my head watching the rest. We were pretty much on top for the last hour but didn’t really go for it until the end.
To me it’s fairly obvious that we need Neto and Traore to be closer to WJ and the width to come from the wing backs with neves getting himself further forward at the right times. This is when weve look at our best recently but we’re so obsessed with being solid and stopping the opposition that we just don’t even try to get the upper hand in games. And it’s only though luck that we haven’t found ourselves 2 down quite a few times recently.
Cant wait for the season to be done tbh, hopefully have a bit more of a normal build up to next season and start again. Something needs to change as the way we approach games just isn’t sustainable.

Fabio working on that xG

Fabio didn't quite get a fully clean contact on the header I think. He was getting buffeted by the defender slightly ahead of where he wanted to be, but he really should have got more on it. It flies in then giving Dubravka no chance.

Fabio didn't quite get a fully clean contact on the header I think. He was getting buffeted by the defender slightly ahead of where he wanted to be, but he really should have got more on it. It flies in then giving Dubravka no chance.
Yeah thought the defender did well

At least Fabio gets into those positions and has a go. WJ is posing virtually zero goal threat at the moment

Jury is out for where we're heading next season. Get at least one centre back and go to 4 at the back and play an advanced midfielder and it could suddenly look a whole lot better. We cannot keep serving top such dross in first halves or next season will be no better than this one.

If we start the game the same way against City they will be out of sight by half time. I watched Dendoncker closely and he didn't pass the ball forward through out the game. Truly awful.

Blaming Fabio is very harsh. He has to fight to get there and then get something on it whilst battling. Keeper knew next to nothing about it.

WJ is clearly not good enough, but start Fabio and his lack of strength / ability to hold up the ball will bite us again.

Jose isnt holding it up. He's not really doing anything of note.
That’s not correct. I agree with all the stuff about his lack of movement and quality in the box, but more than a few times he dropped deep and played balls into the mids and IFs.

To be fair WJ took the defender away from which allowed the space for Neves. But that is all he did.

Teams push up and defend from the front when the striker does. We moved about 20 yards up the field when Silva came on.

It's not like Silva is shit at dropping deep and laying off passes. He struggles when he needs strength to hold the ball up or hold a defender off

Back