• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Newcastle (A) 2/3: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we concede a 3rd I'd get Bellegarde and Sarabia off and give Fraser and Lemina a run out in the second half. See what we have got with them against a decent side.

Suspect we’ll see the kids on relatively early to protect against injuries.

We don't look like scoring, but we do look like conceding. Daws and RAN playing well but the other defenders have all been pretty poor.

I'd be looking for young Noha wide and Neto central. We're not threatening enough, it's all in front of their defence

It’s not his fault, but Gordon’s resemblance to the Wicked Witch of the West is uncanny.

I’d a 100% put my mortgage on us not getting anything out of this today we look knackered
Disagree. We might look knackered later on but we seem to have energy and an ability to go forward. I expected us to sit back and hit them on the break but we have taken the game to them far more than we have done in two recent home games. They got two fortunate breaks for the goals basically because we have had attacking intent.

Good noise from the traveling support just now. 👏🏻

Reasonably happy with the performance at half time. Two fortunate goals for them undoing a lot of good possession that we have had. They are difficult to break down and we must move the ball faster and more accurately. Arsenal showed how to penetrate them but we don't have that guile. Still think we can get something out of this. Next goal crucial.

Reasonably happy with the performance at half time. Two fortunate goals for them undoing a lot of good possession that we have had. They are difficult to break down and we must move the ball faster and more accurately. Arsenal showed how to penetrate them but we don't have that guile. Still think we can get something out of this. Next goal crucial.
Accurate passing and movement is needed here in their half and I don't think we quite have that often enough.

I felt we were the better team till they scored which was a little fortunate, the second goal knocked the stuffing out of us for the rest of the half really.

Long way back from there, especially given the front three and lack of options on the bench.

Accurate passing and movement is needed here in their half and I don't think we quite have that often enough.
63%possession firsthalf. 258 accurate passes to their 142. Don't think any of us expected anything like that. Let's hope it's a tale of two halves. We used to play better second half. ;)

Gut says Newcastle won’t get so many bounces second half. We’re still in with a (small) shout.

Back down to 11th as it stands.

Fulham 2-0 up & closing the gap behind us too.

We've played alright except we've looked like a team playing without a centre forward. We've been toothless in the final 3rd. As soon as RAN gave the ball away trying to do god knows what, I said we're in trouble here and 3 passes later Isak puts them 1 up, against the run of play. The 2nd was Sa and Kilman not talking to each other and absolutely gifted them the game. Can't see a way back. And Bellegarde has been straight garbage.

We look really tired today. Slow to everything.

The 2nd goal was just horrendous, we should not be conceding that from the situation we were in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back