• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Newcastle (A) 2/3: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking to myself, we need something to go our way similar to (both?) Newcastle goals to get back into this. Needs to happen sharpish too. Don't see us playing our way back into this. Unless Neto or Sarabia does something outrageous of course.

We look really tired today. Slow to everything.

The 2nd goal was just horrendous, we should not be conceding that from the situation we were in.
The same with the first goal, RAN gave it away in their penalty box and 10s later we were 1 down. That's poor.

Meh, 9-13th makes no difference really. We opted not to think about ECL football in January.
It’s probably about the price of a forward. Not that it matters as we won’t spend anything either way.

I was thinking to myself, we need something to go our way similar to (both?) Newcastle goals to get back into this. Needs to happen sharpish too. Don't see us playing our way back into this. Unless Neto or Sarabia does something outrageous of course.
I forgot Sarabia was on the pitch tbf. Bellegarde is just a nothing player so unfortunately we can’t rely on him to do anything - hence my earlier comment of needing Pedro to do something special (twice).

0 shots on target so far & I can’t see that changing any time soon. Not sure what people are seeing to think we could get back in it apart from blind faith.

Still, football is weird so there’s always hope.

Sa and Neto off, wowzers

Best to keep Neto healthy though, for sure.

I'm not normally one for this kind of thinking, but Sá and Neto going off sure feels like a white flag.

I forgot Sarabia was on the pitch tbf. Bellegarde is just a nothing player so unfortunately we can’t rely on him to do anything - hence my earlier comment of needing Pedro to do something special (twice).

0 shots on target so far & I can’t see that changing any time soon. Not sure what people are seeing to think we could get back in it apart from blind faith.

Still, football is weird so there’s always hope.
Well, it's far from a "we're losing so we must be shit" scenario. We've played OK. We've had some promising attacks but just not found the right killer ball to score from. They have been fortunate with both their goals. Maybe we'll get some fortune second half?

Just damage limitation squad wise. He knows the games done

Yeah, just write this one off. Never mind

Mind you, if we did win from here..

I'm not normally one for this kind of thinking, but Sá and Neto going off sure feels like a white flag.
Comms made it sound like Sa had some kind of minor injury.

Neto makes sense as we’re down two and he was grabbing at his leg at the end of the half. I’d rather we play carefully with him.

Having said that, you’re not wrong. Lul.

Sa and Neto off, wowzers

Best to keep Neto healthy though, for sure.
Grief... yes, certainly does. Obviously keeping them for next week.
OK.... changed my view now. I don't see us getting back into this without Pedro.

Well, it's far from a "we're losing so we must be shit" scenario. We've played OK. We've had some promising attacks but just not found the right killer ball to score from. They have been fortunate with both their goals. Maybe we'll get some fortune second half?
As others have said, we’ve been ok - but we have absolutely zero killer instinct going forward. Neto & Sa off is the final nail in the coffin.

Neto makes sense as we’re down two and he was grabbing st his leg. I’d rather we play carefully with him.
Yeah, not necessarily mad at it. Pragmatism is sometimes the right call.

Neto makes sense as we’re down two and he was grabbing at his leg at the end of the half. I’d rather we play carefully with him.

Having said that, you’re not wrong. Lul.
Or he has a slight knock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back