• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Newcastle (A) 8/4/22 - Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the two starting 11’s, I think we’ll do well to get anything from tonight.

Looking at the two starting 11’s, I think we’ll do well to get anything from tonight.
Don't see a lot to fear from Newcastle.

Think a lot will hinge on how Cundle copes with the physical side, different prospect for him tonight opposed to being the spare man against Spurs. He'll have to go toe to toe with Newcastle's midfield to have an impact on the game, would back either Shelvey or Joelinton to shrug him off with little bother but don't know anything about the other guy in there.

I’m no Hwang fan, but Neto still hasn’t looked at it. So can’t complain too much about that one.

Struggling with the negativity. Donck has been slaughtered on here all year and Podence who is horrendously inconsistent/frustrating. Otherwise it’s a team which has proven to be massively better than Newcastle all year.

Ace coverage of us in the pre-match build up. Interview with a broken Newcastle player in the middle of showing our line up and then a load of Manchester City v Liverpool. Fuck off Sky you utter utter cunts.

Newcastle this Newcastle that for 20 minutes. Bore fucking off.

I’m no Hwang fan, but Neto still hasn’t looked at it. So can’t complain too much about that one.

Struggling with the negativity. Donck has been slaughtered on here all year and Podence who is horrendously inconsistent/frustrating. Otherwise it’s a team which has proven to be massively better than Newcastle all year.
Neto can only look at it with time on the pitch. We don't want to do that in U23 games so how else does he get it? We can all agree his ceiling is way above either Hwang or Trincao. As for the midfield 2, it's putting a hell of a lot of pressure on Cundle, I hope he's up to it and if he is then fair play to Bruno, if he isn't though it's on him for not putting an extra man in there

Coverage suggests they should want to be like us. Well fucking acknowledge us then you utter helmets.

Very poor.

I don’t think I can recall ever seeing such a bias to one team in the build up.

Reactions: jlo
Neto can only look at it with time on the pitch. We don't want to do that in U23 games so how else does he get it? We can all agree his ceiling is way above either Hwang or Trincao. As for the midfield 2, it's putting a hell of a lot of pressure on Cundle, I hope he's up to it and if he is then fair play to Bruno, if he isn't though it's on him for not putting an extra man in there
Yes but if he’s not very good when we’ve already got a few question marks over others then it’s a bit of a risk. We know Hwang is going to run around and offer pace on behind.

Cundle just has to be semi competent tonight, that’s all we ask of Donck. He’s probably better than Donck on the ball even if he’s not got the physicality (Donck doesn’t typically use his physicality anyway, Villa aside). I have no doubt he can do a job. Bruno wouldn’t be playing him if he’s no good.

We might get lucky and see a decent bit of time for Chinquinho (Sry for spelling)

Nice to see Moutinho has mastered the chest and lump it technique in Neves' absence.

Cundle like a rabbit in headlights in the opening 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back