• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Newcastle (A) 8/4/22 - Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cundle like a rabbit in headlights in the opening 10.

Couple of stray passes but I've been impressed with how much he wants the ball, covering plenty of yards and finding space to receive the ball.

We've looked pretty toothless so far with counter attacks non existent and being pressed when we have possession. Not great so far.

I hope I’m wrong, but from the opening 10 mins, i don’t think we’ve got a goal in us if we’re playing until this time next week. No link up play between the front three what so ever. Have we even got out of our own half yet?

Couple of stray passes but I've been impressed with how much he wants the ball, covering plenty of yards and finding space to receive the ball.
Yep. Don’t think his ball retention been any worse than the rest.

Why does Don Goodman keep going on about the "marster plan"?

Have we even got into their box yet? Or their final third even?

Cundle is very similar to Moutinho. Neither of them are going to break forward or do anything other than a safe pass, so we’re relying on the three ahead of them to do something next level/magic and they’re so far apart nothing is sticking so it keeps coming back.

That much is obvious after 10 mins, but unfortunately Bruno has his hands tied.

So many want to stop and pass backwards. Hwang and Marcal are the worst offenders

Hwang and Trincao not offering a lot.

Neither dropping in to offer an outlet like Podence does, both completely on the periphery so far leaving Fabio very isolated.

Awful stuff.

Defending like the Leeds game post sending off.

Fabio chasing shadows. Trincao/Hwang miles away from anyone.

Marcal/Moutinho/Cundle only want to pass sideways or backwards. Jonny can’t get forward because he’s got his hands full marking ASM.

This games only going one way and it was obvious from the opening 5 minutes.

And there you go, Newcastle 1-0 up. Appalling defending.

Got away with that one.

For a change.

Got away with it. Kilman could have put Hwang in pretty much on goal but passed it straight to them

What the fuck was Kilman doing ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back