• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Newcastle (H) - 11.02.19 - Monday Night Football

Jinky

Head Brownie
Reaction score
Can’t see a thread for this one yet.

Merson has us down to drop points again, so almost certainly a home win guaranteed... cheers Merse.

I imagine we will be unchanged from Everton, assuming Jota is fit.

It's our first game against bus parkers since we tweaked the formation. We know how they'll set up so it'll be interesting to see if we can counteract it.

It's our first game against bus parkers since we tweaked the formation. We know how they'll set up so it'll be interesting to see if we can counteract it.

Think Dendoncker potentially makes the biggest difference in these types of games, the forward runs he makes from midfield are exactly the sort of thing that was missing in previous games against very defensive opposition so could help to disrupt a well set defence and limit the tendency to play safely in front of the opposition. Also, don't think it would be the end of the world if Neves hadn't recovered in time, it's a lot more difficult to utilise his range of passing when opponents are playing so deep and defensively and at times you see him playing far too deep in those sort of situations, almost holding hands with centre halves and making it even easier for opponents to just sit in their own third.

I think Neves will be fine for this seeing as he was on the bench in the last game.

To make it a fourth straight win would be amazing. We haven't done it at this level since the 80s at least! This is a good opportunity but I can see Newcastle playing for a point.

Almiron will likely make his debut and he does worry me.

I think Neves will be fine for this seeing as he was on the bench in the last game.

To make it a fourth straight win would be amazing. We haven't done it at this level since the 80s at least! This is a good opportunity but I can see Newcastle playing for a point.

Looking on a historical results site, from what I can see, the last time Wolves won four games in a row in the top flight was in the1971/72 season. 17/12/71 vs Stoke, 26/12/71 vs Leicester, 31/12/71 vs Newcastle and 7/1/72 vs Man Utd

Delete that post before Cyber sees it please!!

I enjoyed Doc's interview about him. "I don't know much about him as I don't watch much of the MLS, but they need to be more worried about us" - or words to that effect.

Merson (sorry to bang on about him) has said the following:

Rafa Benitez is tactically very good, he goes under the radar, but tactically he is probably the best in the Premier League. He gets results against Man City, so they will be hard to beat.

He really is a clown isn't he? Did you forget us getting a result against City this season, Paul? Or Utd? Or Arsenal? Or beating Spurs & Chelsea? Or winning three in a row v Leicester, West Ham & Everton? Or knocking Liverpool out of the cup?

Yeah, Rafa is a tactical genius.

Champions League winner Rafa Benitez going under the radar.

Merson can suck a fat one

Merson has spent most of the season praising us and backed us to win the FA Cup. He speaks huge levels of shit at times but some Wolves fans seem to think he hates us.

Pundits have been good to us. Shearer is a Wolves fan.

Co-comms have been the issue, Hinchcliffe was uncharacteristically poor in the City game, Jenas behaved like a right prick against Liverpool and though I obviously didn't hear the McManaman stuff vs Everton, reports weren't good.

Delete that post before Cyber sees it please!!

Looking on a historical results site, from what I can see, the last time Wolves won four games in a row in the top flight was in the1971/72 season. 17/12/71 vs Stoke, 26/12/71 vs Leicester, 31/12/71 vs Newcastle and 7/1/72 vs Man Utd

Too late...........

The fact that Newcastle and Leicester could be in both runs only helps! Not all tingly about this. We have shown that with the new formation , we can undo even those teams who set up to flood the midfield so another Watford or Huddersfield isnt likely. Also Newcastle defensively are not great. I think another 2-1 would be about right. They may nick a point as its hard to do the double over any side unless youre one of the big six. Statistically its much less likely. I wouldnt cry if they nicked a point. My only worry would be if they start Monday in the bottom three! Then I would get a bit twitchy. Play as we can do and we should have too much offensively for them.

We'll have Jota running at DeAndre Yedlin or Javi Manquillo. We'll be alright.

Have a completely free day to enjoy this game. No work, no school runs.

I have got a half day holiday booked so should be leaving the place at one. Could be in town by half three latest I reckon.

Have a completely free day to enjoy this game. No work, no school runs.

Guess you could say that there no Trips involved. Sorry, couldn't resist. Enjoy the game!

There's another meeting for this game, in Lisbon! Always fun to have some company while watching our games!

I'm just hoping langers takes good care of my seat....

I'm just hoping langers takes good care of my seat....

YOUR seat? I know I'm going but I'm now confused as to who's seat I've got!!

Either way, can't wait - first game of the season for me.

YOUR seat? I know I'm going but I'm now confused as to who's seat I've got!!

Either way, can't wait - first game of the season for me.
LJ has basically spent this season doing a top notch impression of Darlo ( bar the heavy drinking and face planting)

Could be a pivotal weekend in the league.

If Watford V Everton draw and Bournemouth and Leicester fail to win at Liverpool and Spurs a win on Monday would set up a rather nice gap to 8th.

I've got this down as a 2-2.

Back