• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Newcastle (H) - 11.02.19 - Monday Night Football

LJ has basically spent this season doing a top notch impression of Darlo ( bar the heavy drinking and face planting)

Fell down on two fronts.

1) Did not drag me to Wetherspoons

2) Has never (to my recollection) needed to ask me several times inside 20 minutes how Pointless works

How are you getting the ticket to us LJ?

Could be a pivotal weekend in the league.

If Watford V Everton draw and Bournemouth and Leicester fail to win at Liverpool and Spurs a win on Monday would set up a rather nice gap to 8th.

I've got this down as a 2-2.

I think Watford will win unfortunately. Everton couldn't beat an egg at the moment.

I think Watford will win unfortunately. Everton couldn't beat an egg at the moment.

Agree, but it's a game where any result is ok for us.

Would be just our luck to finish 7th this season and someone like Watford or Brighton lift the cup, thus denying a Europa spot.

Agree, but it's a game where any result is ok for us.

Would be just our luck to finish 7th this season and someone like Watford or Brighton lift the cup, thus denying a Europa spot.
That's fine. Keeps our fixture list clear as we secure a Champs League spot next season...

curse of the ex manager?
Richarlison nailed on for a goal?

So thats this weekends hunch double Fulham to beat Man U ( MOTM curse) and Everton to beat Watford.

:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Reality is that if we don't quite make it to anywhere - end up 9th & go out in the FA Cup semi then this will still have been the most successful season we have had for a shedload of years

I am old enough to remember that far back, just not sure that the memory bank can manage that now. A european journey next year would be good, but we can wait another year when we gatecrash the Champions League places instead.

curse of the ex manager?
Richarlison nailed on for a goal?

So thats this weekends hunch double Fulham to beat Man U ( MOTM curse) and Everton to beat Watford.

:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Betfred will do you nearly 17/1 on that.

They'll also give you 5/1 on Newcastle to win on Monday.

Betfred will do you nearly 17/1 on that.

They'll also give you 5/1 on Newcastle to win on Monday.

Never betting against my own team soz!

I have put a tenner on Fulham and Everton with Betfred for £178 returns on a double

YOUR seat? I know I'm going but I'm now confused as to who's seat I've got!!

Either way, can't wait - first game of the season for me.
You nearly had me sat on your lap monday, but thats another story!
Fell down on two fronts.

1) Did not drag me to Wetherspoons

2) Has never (to my recollection) needed to ask me several times inside 20 minutes how Pointless works

How are you getting the ticket to us LJ?
Oops!

Jota didn't take part in training today and did some rehab work instead.

He has done bits over the week, you can see him in the videos.

Ticket for Monday for £20. It's my seat, I cant go still not well enough. PM me.

Nice to be able to watch today's games knowing we can't be ousted from 7th.

Nice to be able to watch today's games knowing we can't be ousted from 7th.

7th is still on - Watford are probably the most likely challengers

We play them away at the end of April which could be a pivotal game for that position

It's us or Watford for 7th then really - both of us still in the FA Cup too so a fortunate draw for either could swing it that way also. Should be interesting.

Everton and Silva couldn't even draw yesterday. pff....

We win and we're clear! Curious to see how the changes to the team work against these sides.

Don't think I'm going to make it tomorrow, laid up in bed with the flu. Absolutely gutted.

We went for warm weather training last season (after losing to Forest perhaps?) and my sense is we followed it up with some really good results. Is this right or am I projecting wishful thinking into my memory?!

Back