• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Newcastle v Wolves (Part 2) - MATCHDAY FRED

He will be getting a run out tonight I reckon. Maybe twenty minutes or so.

Just not sure why he'd continue pairing them. Not like they were very convincing together before. Seems to me he wants them to work out together.

He wants to rest Batth for the upcoming three league games in a week and Stears can't play tonight. Simple as that really.

He wants to rest Batth for the upcoming three league games in a week and Stears can't play tonight. Simple as that really.
Ah, I'd forgotten Stears was tied to Fulham. Carry on.

Just not sure why he'd continue pairing them. Not like they were very convincing together before. Seems to me he wants them to work out together.

Also mildly disappointed Ola isn't starting, but that's a minor gripe.

Stearman not available and Batth has played every match so far, so a natural choice I think.

Ola isn't starting but at least he's on the bench.

Ninja'd again ;)

Stearman not available and Batth has played every match so far, so a natural choice I think.

Ola isn't starting but at least he's on the bench.

Ninja'd again ;)
Only mention Ola because Yedlin's weakness is positioning and his strength is pace. Having Wallace on the left plays into Yedlin's hands. Ola has enough pace (supposedly) that he could take advantage of Yedlin pushing high.

10 mins in - not much happened so far, but Wolves on the back foot at the moment

Weather doesn't sound that great

Apparent air shot from Gladon and misses a sitter

Sounded like we won the ball well & Wallace put in a decent cross, but Gladon completely missed the ball

Spiers says it was blocked rather than missed.

Tim II says shot blocked

Signal 107 indicating that the defender blocked the cross & put it out for a corner, but that Gladon didn't make much contact if any

Surprise, surprise - 2 people watching the same match have different opinions on what happened :icon_biggrin:

Not sure if "he did/didn't touch the ball" is an opinion tbf.

Wallace has a 1-on-1 saved.

Klavan puts Liverpool ahead.

Spiers has just made a joke about Silvio being unlike Kevin Ashley, but as I've no idea who Kevin Ashley is I couldn't tell you if it was funny.

...and Newcastle score.

Back