• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Newcastle v Wolves (Part 2) - MATCHDAY FRED

Good stuff. Eight changes for us.

8 changes for Newcastle as well.

Blimey!

Pleased to see Silvio in. Come on Gladon, get off the mark tonight.

I'd say newcastles 8 changes are somewhat better than ours.

Glad Kotney Hause is getting a run out.

FFS Wolves, spell the bloody names correctly...

We'll see, I guess.

As a side it is hardly a bag of nails.

No it's not but our front 3 is very weak and I imagine Murphy will have a field day against Iorfa and Hause. Neither particularly strong in the air and they could get bullied.

Cs0H3_qWcAEJTpO.png

Gladon hatrick - sounds ridiculous doesn't it!!!!!!!

Come on Gladon, get off the mark tonight.

I'd settle for him looking anywhere near the required standard, goal or not. Walk before you can run, a repeat of the same performance he turned in against Burton and I'll be firmly in the camp of thinking we've bought a pup.

More changes than I expected, but will see how this pans out

Good to see Silvio starting - at least it proves he's not completely crocked

To be fair, that really is a decent Newcastle second XI. Let's see how we do.

Caught between wanting us to rip them a new one and wanting Yedlin to make that RB spot his own. Obviously want us to win, just want it to go down Lazaar's side!

Anyone else get the feeling that Zenga sees Iorfa and Hause as our first choice CB pair in the near future?

Not yet I don't think - Kenny Jackett probably did in letting Stears go, but his return suggests to me that WZ is rather less convinced. I think we will go big in the market for a centre back in January.

No, Batth is captain and first choice at the back

Yep, would be very surprised if Batth missed any league games this season for anything other than injury or suspension. In fact since Saunders was sacked he's never been dropped.

Not yet I don't think - Kenny Jackett probably did in letting Stears go, but his return suggests to me that WZ is rather less convinced. I think we will go big in the market for a centre back in January.
Just not sure why he'd continue pairing them. Not like they were very convincing together before. Seems to me he wants them to work out together.

Also mildly disappointed Ola isn't starting, but that's a minor gripe.

Back