• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Next Manager chat.

If it's Marco Silva then i do. His record at all 3 clubs is more than good enough, yes he doesn't know the Championship but he knows football and that will do for me.

Agreed. Would be a ridiculous coup at this level realistically.

No not a massive surprise.
I was hoping that FOSUN were going to give him some time to turn things around during the coming easier group of fixtures, but sadly his time is up.

I think we were all pretty gobsmacked and non-plussed by the appointment, and given his patchy managerial career, I guess ultimately, the gamble was doomed to failure,
WZ won many doubters over with his passion and enthusiasm, but clearly, he was out of his depth and it was plain to see the pressure that he's was under in recent weeks.

What a shame I love a manager with charisma and Walter has that. I assume someone is on their way as we speak.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

It's all a bit 'unreal', isn't it. It always seemed to me that Zenga was clearly not first choice. His track record is inconsistent, to say the least. To get rid of him after only 14 games in charge shows that something is wrong at WWFC. It will be interesting to see who Jeff and his pals have lined up to take over. I doubt if it will be an Englishman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, we're playing like shit with a squad that should be competing for the top six.

And if something IS wrong - which it is - fair play to Fosun for doing something about it.

96 points to play for and 62 of those puts us in the play offs I reckon.18 wins 8 draws is doable! Good but doable. That means we can lose one game a month for six months! Cup half full me!

Feel sort of similar to Solbakken going - can't say I'm surprised, really hoped that he could have done better! Here's hoping the new owners don't get a recommendation from a mate for their next manager

Is Flores a possibility? I'd be very happy with him.

Doubt it, Espanyol manager now.

If we're talking pie in the sky, available now, would be an insanely good appointment, then Dieter Hecking.

If we're talking a rung or two down that scale and slightly more plausible given previous links, Marco Silva.

I definitely do not want Allardyce and I can't see us taking a shot on anyone currently working in this league.

Let's hope its our turn foir the new manager myth to come true. AVB?

If it's Marco Silva then i do. His record at all 3 clubs is more than good enough, yes he doesn't know the Championship but he knows football and that will do for me.

That would be ridiculous.

The next guy will get about 20 games as well.

Really?? He's deservedly only got 14 games, as well as he come across and had charisma he didn't have a clue tactically which is a shame but a fact. Fosun have reacted quickly and done the right thing.

CV spoke for itself. We seemed to have cautious optimism about him with the way he spoke and the passion he exhibited at all times. I quite enjoyed his pressers, to be honest.

But that's perhaps all he was. A genuinely good man, but not a good manager. I hope he finds success with the next one. 14 games, while seemingly not enough to judge someone by, is more than enough when you're being dragged into a relegation battle with a playoff-capable squad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shame, really liked the bloke. Can't argue with the lack of tactical nous though.

If we don;t have someone lined up already this is really stupid timing.

Sad, but inevitable. He just wasn't up to the job.

Next appointment is crucial, hopefully someone with experience in the championship.

Back