• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Next Manager chat.

Sad, but inevitable. He just wasn't up to the job.

Next appointment is crucial, hopefully someone with experience in the championship.

I really don't think this is mandatory, Frank. We need someone who can get the best out of the squad - that's all. WZ couldn't.

If Frank thought that his time was up he had no chance!

Story going around that Zenga's assistant and Butti have gone aswell.
Butti departing would surprise me as I wasn't aware that his appointment was directly related to that of Zenger.

No surprise really, not massively annoyed with him as with Saunders or resigned to the fact that it was time to go as with McCarthy just never really gave the impression that he had it in him to bring the best out of the squad.

Guess that is Fosun's free pass used up. As others said, the next appointment needs to be a good choice, whoever that might be.

If Frank thought that his time was up he had no chance!

I very rarely call for a manager to go, but it was clear that Zenga was just not up to the job. Whoever is pulling the strings must make sure they get the next appointment right.

The right decision. A nice fella, but then so is my uncle Paul. Terrible football manager, and showing no signs of anything else here, or at any point in his car crash of a career. He was a shit appointment. Next one is vital.

Shame for Walter seems like a top bloke, but as has been said we've showed very little sign of turning things around in the last 8 games. Better to do it sooner rather than later.

Story going around that Zenga's assistant and Butti have gone aswell.
Butti departing would surprise me as I wasn't aware that his appointment was directly related to that of Zenger.
Maybe the new guy is lined up and has his own backroom staff with him as part of the deal.

Maybe the new guy is lined up and has his own backroom staff with him as part of the deal.

I'd be amazed if they haven't got the next bloke already lined up. This would therefore make sense.

Had we beaten Leeds we would have been ninth, not eighteenth. Too early in my view, especially if he had the support of the dressing room.
Having said that, I am excited to see his replacement.
As long as it's not Roy Hodgson.

Better to admit you got it wrong and make a change then try and fudge through with it not working.

Just don't keep making the same mistake.

Given the silence on the OS I imagine it maybe announcing the sacking and replacement simultaneously?

Got to say the way Fosun are reacting to this makes a nice change after the last 20 years. Yes they made the appointments but we all make mistakes and all you can ask is that they are identified and rectified ASAP. They are clearly not fucking about. A lot of the biggest fuck ups in our recent history have been due to being too loyal to managers and then ballsing up the replacement.

The fact they are having a clear out so quickly shows just how wrong they got it in the first place.

They absolutely did. A cursory look at the CVs of Dalrymple and Zenga showed them to be wildly under-qualified and inexperienced for the roles of MD and Manager at a club of our size and ambition.

Excellent news that they have identified the mistakes quickly and not tolerated people not being up to the mark

Like everyone else, I wish him well. Loved his passion. And if we're having a bloody good clear out, could someone have a word with the recruitment department?

Experience in the league, then I'd like to see us go for Rowett, although doing well with a poor squad doesn't automatically mean you'll do better with a good squad. Personally, I wouldn't have a meltdown about Allardyce, but have to assume someone is lined up from overseas.

But all the best, Walt - hope it works out somewhere else

I'm sure he lasted less than 16 games in his previous 6 jobs? And only lasted 1 year+ in a managerial role on 3 occasions. Baffling appointment and absolutely the right decision given our season so far. With that said, I supported the guy whilst at the helm and will fully support the next man in. Can't help but feel we may end up with another 'left field' appointment...

Had we beaten Leeds we would have been ninth, not eighteenth. Too early in my view, especially if he had the support of the dressing room.
Having said that, I am excited to see his replacement.
As long as it's not Roy Hodgson.

Please God, no...

The prospect of Woy makes me break out in a cold sweat.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Back