• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

North Korea

Can I have a link to the original thread please Jimbo?

I cant seem to find it.

Its all in the Funny Picture Thread. The last few pages

It's been well documented when the tower was originally being built, that there was a famine in North Korea which halted it's build. I think possibly Haggstone is right that we aren't far apart. Power Hungry government and a lot of propaganda but not as much as the North Koreans.

The Chinese starved circa 10m in an effort to catch up with the West, they sold all their rice abroad while their people starved, to concentrate on their 'development' yet we're friendly with them. Western embargo's have existed for decades on N Korea and shortages are in part our creation.

A quick goole and it appears that I was out by some 26m, hard to believe that 36m people could starve to death

North Korea is a disgusting place and when they open up for tourism this will show how bad the conditions are over there.

What actual knowledge of yours is this based on?
Or do you actually know jack shit about north korea, & are spoiuting unsubstantiated bollocks?

What actual knowledge of yours is this based on?
Or do you actually know jack shit about north korea, & are spoiuting unsubstantiated bollocks?

Erm, yeah, basically.

I will add my semi-informed bollocks on this later, when I've like, fed myself and finished my work.

I did want to start this thread myself with a proper informative OP, including pictures and genuine accounts from people who have been there, but hey.

Well they hear what the government want them to hear and think what they want them to think. They have a lot more in common with us than you perhaps realise.

Absolutely. The North Koreans are denied access to the internet, well that is not strictly true, they can get some access, but very restricted, and they only read what the leaders want them to read.

What does interest me is the Juche ideology. I do not know nearly enough about it, but basically I think it means that the people are the masters of their own destinh, and the further development of the country. Though I dare say I have only scratched the surface of Juche ideology.

I know your kidding kenn but you can actually visit North Korea you will have an approved tour guide who will tell you what your allowed to picture and your not allowed to leave any area with out your tour guide.

I wonder if Jamie Redknapp will go to North Korea to promote Holidays for Thomas Cook

I've seriously thought about doing this.

Have a look at North Korea on Google maps. The total lack of visible infrastructure is unreal.

Erm, yeah, basically.

I will add my semi-informed bollocks on this later, when I've like, fed myself and finished my work.

I did want to start this thread myself with a proper informative OP, including pictures and genuine accounts from people who have been there, but hey.

Exactly. A good OP can lead to a very interesting & productive thread.

So start again when you are ready Daniel

Erm, yeah, basically.

Go for it and I'll moderate that shit.

Is it an hotel? or is it their new long range nuclear missile aimed at the USA, in a cunning disguise?

Or should that be a fiendishly cunning disguise?

Did you know the North Koreans smoke copious amounts of weed? Not high grade stuff, but still. Its cheaper for them than tobacco and it grows everywhere, even by the roadsides.

I highly doubt it Frank, they have 1 rocket and a small Army. I'm sure if the U.S wanted it would wipe North Korea off the map.

They actually have a very large army. The Korean People's Army numbers over 1 million active personnel, plus countless more in reserve.

I have no idea of their capability to launch an attack on the USA, but I would imagine that the Chinese would have supplied them with plenty of firepower. Either way, surely it is only propaganda to even suggest doing such a thing.

Do they train barbers in North Korea, looks like a country with one very dodgy hair cut.

A lot of noises coming from North Korea, but surely they would not attack American bases in South Korea, would they?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-21972936

I honestly don't know Frank, this rhetoric even for them is astounding, and the fact that the US have admitted they sent 2 stealth bombers to North korea and back on an 11,000 mile round trip says a lot

I highly doubt it Frank, they have 1 rocket and a small Army. I'm sure if the U.S wanted it would wipe North Korea off the map.

It isn't as simple as that. Read up on the Korean War 1950-53. It acts as a buffer zone between South Korea (US) and China. To wipe out North Korea removes this buffer and China will not stand for it. The status quo must be kept. North Korea know this and play on it. The true test will be if North Korea lunch an attack or heaven forbid go nuclear. What will China and indeed Russia accept in return?

It is a mess.

Back