• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

North Korea

China have drastically cut exports to North Korea lately - they're getting bored of them now. North Korea are trying to align themselves more closely with Pakistan and Iran, a real alliance of the crazies.

China have drastically cut exports to North Korea lately - they're getting bored of them now. North Korea are trying to align themselves more closely with Pakistan and Iran, a real alliance of the crazies.

They are still a buffer zone though Dan, the last thing Russia and China want is a US controlled and unified Korea.

My fear is North korea and Iran share tech.

I know mate. You're right, in a weird way the current impasse (60 years and counting) just about serves everyone right...

I know mate. You're right, in a weird way the current impasse (60 years and counting) just about serves everyone right...

It does, strangely.

There is a tiny tiny percentage of me that thinks they just need to have their war so to speak, get the posturing out of the way, then sit down and talk.

There's an element of "mobster's son" about Kim Jong-Un, that he needs to prove he's got the balls to the army and the other factions in power.

They have no hope of ever winning a war, same as Palestine/Iran/Egypt/whoever could never hope to beat Israel. Doesn't stop a load of tubthumping though.

It's a fascinating place to study though, literally locked an entire population into a propaganda state.

In it's purest form, it's self-sufficiency. Of course this can't work in reality so they keep on the facade while being subsidised by China primarily and despite them still technically being at war with South Korea, their economy is boosted by the partnership they have in Kaesong.

I have read a little about it. It seems to preach that the Korean people are the masters of their country's development. When in reality, I think nothing could be further from the truth.

They're locked in a world where they genuinely believe that the country's leaders were sent from above. Or well, a good portion of the country do. I'd imagine there are people intelligent enough to see it for the nonsense it is, but they're better off not saying so. From people I know who have traveled there, even the "guards" who police what you do pretty much know it's a sham. But what can you do?

Are North Korean allowed to leave the country? I ask that because as they seem to believe that their country is the finest and fairest on earth, if they ventured abroad they may learn things their leaders do not want them to know.

Are North Korean allowed to leave the country? I ask that because as they seem to believe that their country is the finest and fairest on earth, if they ventured abroad they may learn things their leaders do not want them to know.

Movement around North Korea is prohibited without authorisation, hardly anyone owns a car all transport is public or bicycle, North Korea is as close to George orwells 1984 as you can get. Border crossing is mainly prohibited, vistors are constantly accompanied by guides who are very strict and regulate every movement.
The population is brain washed by the government who have virtually created there own world and re written history which the public there believe.

Movement around North Korea is prohibited without authorisation, hardly anyone owns a car all transport is public or bicycle, North Korea is as close to George orwells 1984 as you can get. Border crossing is mainly prohibited, vistors are constantly accompanied by guides who are very strict and regulate every movement.
The population is brain washed by the government who have virtually created there own world and re written history which the public there believe.

So they cannot even travel around their own country. As for visitors, who would want to have a holiday in Pyongyang!!!

So they cannot even travel around their own country. As for visitors, who would want to have a holiday in Pyongyang!!!

There was documentary few years back when Kim Jung il was still in charge it followed Doctors visiting and carrying out cateract operations on the public, there experience was bizarre they regulary got stern bollockings from there guides for even turning there back on statues f there leaders and the population totally besotted by there president.

Do they train barbers in North Korea, looks like a country with one very dodgy hair cut.

"State approved" hairstyles:

article-2282134-17EB6DCB000005DC-832_964x666.jpg

o-NORTH-KOREA-MALE-HAIR-STYLES-570.jpg

The Series 'Holidays In The Axis Of Evil' shed some interesting light on DPRK as I recall, and there was an article I remember reading about a refugee and their life before escaping, chilling stuff and puts domestic debate about liberties into sharp perspective. Technology is very curtailed, G3 access was allowed for tourists early this year and then turned off this week, it is possible to get news from outside the country using mobiles but it's risky stuff and limited to border areas. You might also remember the last World Cup with DPRK present and their reluctance to allow their matches to be broadcast in the country, also weren't DPRK at the '66 shindig and were warmly received here for having a go against Portugal?

Here's a vid - the end tittered me madam!

Jesus christ those highlights are ridiculous. It's like they're trying to parody themselves. :icon_lol:

Also, who doesn't love a good biscuit?

It would certainly ruin Easter if it all went off.

its mainly just hot air from a new leader, they know if they were to kick pretty much most the world is against them even China are starting to get annoyed by them and that is there only alis.

Back