• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

North Korea

They may attack usa or soth korea, the new guy in charge maybe wanna proove himself to his own people..

They may attack usa or soth korea, the new guy in charge maybe wanna proove himself to his own people..

he can just say he has through the propaganda network that North Korea has.

Just a bit of cock waving. He's happy as he is and most likely living a life of exuberance like all the communist leaders did. Do what I say not what I do.

Whatever happened to Derek Hatton ?

I can't see anything happening to be honest. I'd imagine he'll suffer some kind of accident at the hands of his advisors if he's mad enough to escalate it to a war between N.Korea and practically everyone else.

Would Kim Jong Un actually press the button and send a missile to the South? He has supreme control over everything, so if he decided to do it, then who could advise him against it?

only in theory Frank. The military guys quite fancy having a crack at it themselves apparently. If they saw this kid thats 40 years younger than them about to destroy everything they've worked for their entire lives, I'd say theres a reasonable chance one/a few of them will bump him off.

It would be a war they could in no way come out of in anything like as good a position as they go into it. Whilst the general populace might not know that, the military leadership will.

I can't see anything happening to be honest. I'd imagine he'll suffer some kind of accident at the hands of his advisors if he's mad enough to escalate it to a war between N.Korea and practically everyone else.

It's his advisors who are probably pushing it!

only in theory Frank. The military guys quite fancy having a crack at it themselves apparently. If they saw this kid thats 40 years younger than them about to destroy everything they've worked for their entire lives, I'd say theres a reasonable chance one/a few of them will bump him off.

It would be a war they could in no way come out of in anything like as good a position as they go into it. Whilst the general populace might not know that, the military leadership will.

Really?? The military leadership will in all likelihood be pushing him on. As I said earlier, you can't judge by our standards.

Now North Korea are going to re-start its nuclear programme. And even the Chinese are showing concern.

I'm presuming the US, with China's agreement, will take out any nuclear facilities if they showed any signs of being of any operational importance? Surely this is just a bit of 'new boy showing how big his kahunas are to keep his people obedient?

I'd be inclined to think his military would be the ones with their heads on straight. They'll be the ones with the knowledge of how incomparable they are to the rest of the world's forces. Surely they know that any unprovoked attack would be bad news for them?

That's a fair point, but you would think SOMEONE over there at the high level has to be in touch with reality. Just gotta be. Perhaps his fathers delusion wore off on everyone around him, who knows. Just seems too comical to be true. It's like they're parodying themselves. Even South Park made them seem smarter than they're actually being IRL. Just... does not compute.

There *is* no reality though...not like you can have a quick browse of the BBC website to check the headlines.

Right but we're not talking about citizens is my point, we're talking about the leader of the country and the highest generals of their forces. You can't tell me they live under the same umbrella of altered reality as the rest of the country, as least not unwittingly.

I'm not so sure really. The lad certainly doesn't want to look a relative softy after his father and with the new embargoes is determined to grab something back and show he is the boss. But to actually go for almost certain annihilation through all-out war is not something I think he or his generals will actually do, although sadly I do think they would go so far as to kill some people in a demonstrative show of intent - history shows how despotic regimes place no value on human life.

Well there were plenty of generals who during the Cuban missile crisis calling for a first strike on the USSR, despite knowing the full consequences. Their hatred of the communist ideology trumped any reason.

So despite realising the consequences, the North Korean leadership basically may not care less.

I'm not so sure really. The lad certainly doesn't want to look a relative softy after his father and with the new embargoes is determined to grab something back and show he is the boss. But to actually go for almost certain annihilation through all-out war is not something I think he or his generals will actually do, although sadly I do think they would go so far as to kill some people in a demonstrative show of intent - history shows how despotic regimes place no value on human life.

The North Korean people haven't a clue what is really happening they believe everything they are told and there is nothing to counter the official line. Their leader can manufacture any situation he likes. The only problem I see with all this is China but China are far more open and appear to have a good relationship with the West. I think the key player is China and any real fall out will occur between North Korea and China.

It would be interesting to see how china would react if the US did invade and had American troops just over its border, the chances are this is just a war of words from kim Jong un and he is just trying to impress his people by standing up to America and the west.
As I have said before if this does come to blows this could easily escalate across this region quickly with china, Japan and Russia very near by.
Lets hope some sort of diplomacy works out or un realises very soon that going to war with America is sheer suicide for his country and would probably mean him losing his regime.

Back