• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Nottingham Forest (A) 13/4: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
RAN definitely not playing then. Blow for us.

Part of me wishes Gaz had held firm and gone in hard on the officials, Howard Webb, VAR and the whole set up again, but he seems to have backed down which is a shame. I appreciate he can't just keep getting fined over & over again, but if you back down a couple of days later, he's almost admitting he was wrong in the way he acted.

Think this could be a decent start to the run in

-------------Sa------------
---------Killman-------Dawson----------Toti-----

Semedo---------Gomes----------------Rayan

--------------------------Lemina--------------------

Saraibia--------------Cunha------------------Hwang

On points lost to VAR: "I don't blame anyone else but us. There will be many clubs that could claim they would be higher without certain decisions.

Big fan of this view point. Easy to take the "it's their fault" stance and maybe he would see it different if we were in the fight at the bottom but in each case where VAR has fucked us over we have equally fucked ourselves over with poor decision making or passages of play

RAN definitely not playing then. Blow for us.

Part of me wishes Gaz had held firm and gone in hard on the officials, Howard Webb, VAR and the whole set up again, but he seems to have backed down which is a shame. I appreciate he can't just keep getting fined over & over again, but if you back down a couple of days later, he's almost admitting he was wrong in the way he acted.
No point though is there. After the game his anger levels are through the roof, you can't maintain that for many reasons.
Much better after the event to deal with something calmly. Him ranting and raving over something a week later achieves nothing other than making himself look like a dick.

On points lost to VAR: "I don't blame anyone else but us. There will be many clubs that could claim they would be higher without certain decisions.

Big fan of this view point. Easy to take the "it's their fault" stance and maybe he would see it different if we were in the fight at the bottom but in each case where VAR has fucked us over we have equally fucked ourselves over with poor decision making or passages of play
Aye, forget the American footy coach who said it, but something like "if we do what we need to do, the refs never have a chance to take it away".

Obviously it's a game of fine margins so YMMV but I think it's the correct headspace for a coach to be in.

Nuno will be after a favour off us. I'm not especially minded to give him one as he's inherited a squad full of absolute pricks, the club has ridden roughshod over the financial rules with zero contrition and more than anything else, I don't want a good season petering out into nothing. Prolonged bad form can bleed over, we saw that with Lage (albeit we are nowhere near as bad now as we were under him in the final 3 months of 2021/22, and have a load more mitigation in any case). Europe might be an increasingly distant hope but we need to finish as high as we can.

One of our regular nemeseseseseses Chris Wood is in pretty lethal form, 9 goals in 10 games I believe. Awoniyi will still be missing, Morgan Gibbs-White will doubtless be out to prove that he's the hardest kid in the playground (if he hides behind the bigger boys when it actually kicks off) and Ryan Yates will continue to take on the Harry Arter/Ben Pearson role of "I won't bother playing football, I'll just be an arse for 90 minutes". They're pretty terrible at the back, they always give up tons of chances a game, no matter who they play against.

One would hope that Cunha is fit to start this one and Hwang can play some part off the bench. DO NOT PLAY MATT FUCKING DOHERTY, please, I beg you.

------------------------------Sa--------------------------

----------------Kilman-------Dawson-----Toti-----------

Semedo----------Lemina--------J Gomes-------H Bueno

---------------Sarabia------Cunha------Ait-Nouri---------

2023/24: D 1-1 (H)
2022/23: W 1-0 (H), D 1-1 (A), D 1-1 (A, LC, lost on pens)
2021/22: W 4-0 (A, LC)
2017/18: L 0-2 (H), W 2-1 (A)
2016/17: W 1-0 (H), W 2-0 (A)
2015/16: D 1-1 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2014/15: L 0-3 (H), W 2-1 (A)
2012/13: L 1-2 (H), L 1-3 (A)
2008/09: W 5-1 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2004/05: W 2-1 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2002/03: W 2-1 (H), D 2-2 (A)
2001/02: W 1-0 (H), D 2-2 (A)
2000/01: W 2-0 (H), D 0-0 (A), W 1-0 (A, FAC)
1999/00: W 3-0 (H), D 1-1 (A)
1997/98: W 2-1 (H), L 0-3 (A)
1994/95: L 2-3 (H, LC)

Never tire of some vintage action, even if it is now inexplicably getting close to 25 years ago.

Ade Ackinbye headbutt and Michael Branch "fuck you Forest" goal, lovely jubbly!

GLC8_40WsAA3rzu

Doc left back, Doyle left wing.

Fuuuuuuuuuuck offfffff. Can this season be over already?

The 2 keepers on the bench trick. It won't make a difference Gary

Jeff should make a statement about how we field a barebones squad after massively increasing season ticket prices rather than dead-catting about VAR.

Whenever GoN is being positive about a player potentially being available, they never turn out to be

Head in hands team, have 3 points on us Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back