• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Nottingham Forest (H) 15/10: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
We have scored 3 goals in 9 games. They have conceded 21 in 8 games. Something has to give!

We are below them if they beat Villa tonight (I don't think they will).

Whether it's Davis/Collins, Lopetegui or someone else, we simply have to go all out for the win right from the outset. No fucking about.

Not a whole host of attacking options but this is the way I'd go. Fuck Guedes, I hope I never see his shit Pro Evolution Soccer 5 face again, he is shit and doesn't try.

Sa on a final warning because he has been rank other than saving a pen vs Fulham all season.

----------------------------------Sa--------------------------

Semedo----------------Kilman-----------Toti---------Ait-Nouri

--------------------Nunes-----------Neves-----------------

-------Adama----------------Podence------------Campbell

------------------------------Costa---------------------------------

It's a proper must win.

2021/22: W 4-0 (A, LC)
2017/18: L 0-2 (H), W 2-1 (A)
2016/17: W 1-0 (H), W 2-0 (A)
2015/16: D 1-1 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2014/15: L 0-3 (H), W 2-1 (A)
2012/13: L 1-2 (H), L 1-3 (A)
2008/9: W 5-1 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2004/5: W 2-1 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2002/3: W 2-1 (H), D 2-2 (A)
2001/2: W 1-0 (H), D 2-2 (A)
2000/1: W 2-0 (H), D 0-0 (A), W 1-0 (A, FAC)
1999/0: W 3-0 (H), D 1-1 (A)
1997/8: W 2-1 (H), L 0-3 (A)
1994/5: L 2-3 (H, LC)

We have scored 3 goals in 9 games. They have conceded 21 in 8 games. Something has to give!

We are below them if they beat Villa tonight (I don't think they will).

Whether it's Davis/Collins, Lopetegui or someone else, we simply have to go all out for the win right from the outset. No fucking about.

Not a whole host of attacking options but this is the way I'd go. Fuck Guedes, I hope I never see his shit Pro Evolution Soccer 5 face again, he is shit and doesn't try.

Sa on a final warning because he has been rank other than saving a pen vs Fulham all season.

----------------------------------Sa--------------------------

Semedo----------------Kilman-----------Toti---------Ait-Nouri

--------------------Nunes-----------Neves-----------------

-------Adama----------------Podence------------Campbell

------------------------------Costa---------------------------------

It's a proper must win.

2021/22: W 4-0 (A, LC)
2017/18: L 0-2 (H), W 2-1 (A)
2016/17: W 1-0 (H), W 2-0 (A)
2015/16: D 1-1 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2014/15: L 0-3 (H), W 2-1 (A)
2012/13: L 1-2 (H), L 1-3 (A)
2008/9: W 5-1 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2004/5: W 2-1 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2002/3: W 2-1 (H), D 2-2 (A)
2001/2: W 1-0 (H), D 2-2 (A)
2000/1: W 2-0 (H), D 0-0 (A), W 1-0 (A, FAC)
1999/0: W 3-0 (H), D 1-1 (A)
1997/8: W 2-1 (H), L 0-3 (A)
1994/5: L 2-3 (H, LC)
Id go with this but suspect Guedes will start, unless the rumours of an injury are true.

Contemplating whether to drag myself away from the pool to watch this on telly. I probably will as I'm an idiot but at this moment I don't really see any logical reason to.

Gibbs White to pour petrol on the fire.

With the two coaches still in situ I can only see us playing them into form, as we did Bournemouth.

The atmosphere is going to be the cliched 90's , 'keep us quiet and they'll start turning' game, it's imperative we're aggressive and at them from the off.

First league game of the season (superfan alert) and I'm hoping for a dry day as I've had to go into the Graham Hughes stand.

3 points would be nice too...

31%, I'll take those odds.

I've had to sit in it before in torrential rain, nothing like sitting in a plastic poncho to get the unique viewing experience....
I've sat there twice. Both in 2003/4

0-5 vs Chelsea
1-2 vs Bolton and the Uriah Rennie Show

Blinding stuff, if you do worse than that then let me know :)

I've done OK there, beat soton, west ham 4 nil, and a few others.

Last season it proper pissed it down, midweek game and we got soaked going up there to sit in the rain, can't think what game it was but we scored in SB end and we couldn't see the goal.

It's a shit show and you'd have thought they'd rebuilt it at least half decent but believe it or not, an hour after tickets went out to members this was the only stand with 3 seats next to each other

I thought Campbell was injured?

I thought Sa pulled off at least 2 superb saves in the first half against Chelsea, and IMO didn't have a chance with any of the goals. We could do a lot worse

Come on now Dino!

He was appalling on the first goal, you wouldn't have that down the park off your mates.

He's got his angles wrong on the second, harsh to blame him for that one, but didn't give himself much chance

He did make 2 decent saves. Just like he made a great save at Leeds but the fuck up for their 1st goal doesn't level things up

1st goal he has fucked up. Steps out to come for a cross, then stops and then watches it loop in. Stay put and its a simple take or come out and punch. Don't get stuck in a weird no mans land.

Sa is one of many who are reflecting the current mood of the club. Not talking about form here but he looks different to last season in how he is on the pitch. Its like he is running on low batteries. They guy is a character but that is not showing at all right now

Last edited:
Perhaps he wants out? His wife moans all the time on instagram? About how she’s not happy here, got to affect your work at some point

Nah its just the state of confidence across the club right now. He is not the only one.

Someone comes in and talks sense and puts some direction back into the squad he will be back to being a loud bouncy keeper he was last season

Sa is one of many who are reflecting the current mood of the club. Not talking about form here but he looks different to last season in how he is on the pitch. Its like he is running on low batteries. They guy is a character but that is not showing at all right now
Mood of the fans aswell. Probably was one of the first times he was aware of dissent from the crowd when he had a "discussion" with the front row behind him at Chelsea on Saturday.

Not seen anything from his missus moaning, wasn't that Gundogan's missus?

Does Sa still do his handrail slide at Compton? Good indicator as to his current mood.

Lage and his era of amateur mediocrity can't pass quickly enough, look forward to some proper direction around the place again

Perhaps he wants out? His wife moans all the time on instagram? About how she’s not happy here, got to affect your work at some point
I don’t personally follow his wife. What has she been “moaning” about?

I don’t either, it’s been said on here that she wants to go back to the sunshine, hates the climate here, not overly keen on Wolverhampton, true or not, I dunno, just been mentioned on here before

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back