• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Nuno to leave Wolves

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

Say it 3 times and it happens...

Id always thought fosun had bought shares in uncle Jorge,
Fosun don't own any part of Gestifute, despite what journalists who should know better keep parotting.

Guo owns some shares in Gestifute, and also owns some shares in Fosun. There are zero links between the two, legally speaking.

A few days have passed and it still hurts i felt less pain when both my marriages have failed.

However the more i look and read the lore I believe its a decision made by Fosun.

This season has had some disasterous performances and results, 2 West Ham Games, Burnley. There were some goddam awful performances far out Weighing the good ones.

We all had reasons for the season, covid, Tiredness, Injuries.
That was our hope that Nuno would come back refreshed and we would revert back to previous performances.

Maybe just maybe, Shi, thought Nuno was more Culpable, we dont see what happens in training other than the small videos tweeted.
Simce they came in Fosun have been true to their word, and made some quite brutal decisions this is another.
They got Zenga wrong, but that was a decision forced on them by being rejected.
Lambert was a stop gap to keep us up which he managed it and then he was booted for Nuno, when they have had time to make a decision they got it right, we need to trust that Fosun will get this right.
I am glad they have not had someone lined up, that would have been awful to Nuno and he deserved more respect than chatting to prospective managers whilst Nuno was still in a job.

Today is the last day of the tenure of a man who brought pride back to the town of Wolverhampton. A man who made me love the Wolves again. A man who put his heart and soul into the gold and black. A man who was a very decent bloke.

Imagine throwing away the best manager for 40 odd years because he had one difficult season. That is what the football business is and i don't like it at all.

I'm really sad because of it, and i truly believe that the golden era we have just been part of is going to be eroded away again. I don't trust the Wolves heirarchy to get it right, and from what i've been reading it doesn't look like there are funds to make it right either. I really hope i am proven wrong. In fact in six months if i am everyone is welcome to put this up as a reminder if we are flying high.

Everyone who is at the ground today please sing your hearts out for the man who will always be a part of a small town in the heart of the Black Country. He deserves every voice. :(

Everyone who is at the ground today please sing your hearts out for the man who will always be a part of a small town in the heart of the Black Country. He deserves every voice. :(
Whilst I agree with the sentiment, Wolverhampton really isn't "a small town" by any stretch of the imagination - it's one of the largest 20 cities in England! Neither is it "in the heart of the Black Country" at all by any measure...

Whilst I agree with the sentiment, Wolverhampton really isn't "a small town" by any stretch of the imagination - it's one of the largest 20 cities in England! Neither is it "in the heart of the Black Country" at all by any measure...
It's a small town to me. I live here. I guess there's always a time to be pedantic eh..

Given the unusual circumstances this season that have been done to death I’m really struggling to see how Fosun can justify this. If Nuno really wanted to walk away fair enough but it really doesn’t feel like that.

Nuno has to take sone responsibility for the performances this season but he’d banked enough that nearly every fan thinks he deserved to be in charge come August. This decision is testing fans trust to the limit and whoever takes over will need to hit the ground running or it could soon get very toxic. Just leaving for the game and so glad I have the opportunity to express my appreciation for Nuno who has made some of my dreams come true. I’ll never forget Braga away in the rain and genuinely don’t think many other managers could have achieved what Nuno has in his time here. A true gentleman that any decent Wolves fan will feel has been treated very badly.

Just because it says city on the cheap boards they put up as you drive into it doesn't make it one. It's a town to me. If it isn't to you then fine. Couldn't give a shit at this moment in time to be honest. You picked the wrong day for me to care about what you think.

“If we get Lage we will get relegated” or similar. If that’s not hyperbolic I don’t know what is.

All this negativity towards the next manager is because we seem to be losing our right arm at Wolves. We need to fully get behind the new boss, because all that shit that will no doubt be around from Day One, will be a bit of the catalyst of the so called downward spiral.

Today is the last day of the tenure of a man who brought pride back to the town of Wolverhampton. A man who made me love the Wolves again. A man who put his heart and soul into the gold and black. A man who was a very decent bloke.
I completely agree with this.

I don't know whether Nuno decided to leave or Fosun decided he should leave, or it was something they both wanted equally by "mutual agreement" as published, I have the greatest respect for Nuno and wish him all the best for the future.

Today is the end of an era.

All this negativity towards the next manager is because we seem to be losing our right arm at Wolves. We need to fully get behind the new boss, because all that shit that will no doubt be around from Day One, will be a bit of the catalyst of the so called downward spiral.
I think the negativity is more towards Fosun and the board for getting rid of the best manager we've had in a long while. Also it seems that the new bloke coming in is going to have his one arm and leg cut off before he starts. If Fosun do give the new bloke a war chest i'll be hugely disappointed, as i would imagine Nuno would be looking from afar.

Whilst some on here think it's good to move on, i really don't, but i would agree if we had a decent behind the scenes group of people. But we haven't, and that groups ability to replace Nuno with someone better is something i don't think they are capable of. Call that negative if you like, but it's just the way i see it.

There's nothing we can do as fans apart from go along for the ride, as well as voicing our displeasure/pleasure on forums like this, which is why this thread is 34 pages long..

How many are allowed in Molineux today?

Back