• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Nuno to leave Wolves

Would you be disappointed if the new manager is given money to spend?

Would you be disappointed if the new manager is given money to spend?
Good god no. I love Nuno and still gutted he's going, still think its a mistake at this stage.
However first and foremost I'm a Wolves fan, we need some upgrades, of course I want the manager to be given money to spend (wish it was Nuno though)

Good god no. I love Nuno and still gutted he's going, still think its a mistake at this stage.
However first and foremost I'm a Wolves fan, we need some upgrades, of course I want the manager to be given money to spend (wish it was Nuno though)
I've no idea how that post turned out like that, I was supposed to quote Vic, and ask why he didn't want the new guy to have a war chest!

I've no idea how that post turned out like that, I was supposed to quote Vic, and ask why he didn't want the new guy to have a war chest!
Disappointed yes, because from reading the press this was the main problem that Nuno couldn't live with in the end. It would be a kick in the bollocks to him(and me) to see someone else get what he was due after what he'd done here.
Of course we are going to need investment in the squad. Myself along with everyone on here agrees with that. But it doesn't take the former away.

Last edited:
Disappointed yes, because from reading the press this was the main problem that Nuno couldn't live with in the end. It would be a kick in the bollocks to him(and me) to see someone else get what he was due after what he'd done here.
Of course we are going to need investment in the squad. Myself along with everyone on here agrees with that. But it doesn't take the latter away.
That just weird. You're a Wolves fan, not a Nuno FC fan. How could you be disappointed if our new manager is given funds to reshape a tired, small squad? Just because it's not Nuno in the hotseat.

Mental.

That just weird. You're a Wolves fan, not a Nuno FC fan. How could you be disappointed if our new manager is given funds to reshape a tired, small squad? Just because it's not Nuno in the hotseat.

Mental.
Weird for you maybe, not for me. Morally it just wouldn't be right part ways with a decent bloke who did a wonderful job for his employer on a money issue, then turn round and give the next guy what they wouldn't give Nuno. Fine if they get a new manager in and he's got the same constraints Nuno left with, i could accept that.
Sometimes in life the moral stand means more than any money ever could. It's my opinion on it anyway.

Has Cyber left the Forum? I always admired his courage in sticking to his views
Think there was a bit of handbags going on, cyber had a bit of a strop, and not entirely serious told admins to delete his account, and in top bantz they did, is how I remember it, no doubt someone will be along shortly to say what happened really, and to correct my spelling and grammar (as they've done with a couple of my last posts)

Just to be clear, it's your active preference, for the new manager to have no/limited money to spend?

Like, actually? Or is it part of some forum wide competition to be the most wet?

I can see the point to a degree, if we throw 100million at say Lage, i will be thinking to myself, would we have been better off throwing that at Nuno?

I don't want us not to spend money though obviously. That's daft.

Just to be clear, it's your active preference, for the new manager to have no/limited money to spend?

Like, actually? Or is it part of some forum wide competition to be the most wet?
It isn't my call fella. I'm putting my point of view, which is what i can do on a forum, just like you. Although i think you missed me saying it's my opinion.

Looking at the photo's of his last training session he looks like a man who's had the world lifted of his shoulders not one that's been sacked.

I can see the point to a degree, if we throw 100million at say Lage, i will be thinking to myself, would we have been better off throwing that at Nuno?

Yeah I'd get that - but it'd also be fair to question whether Nuno has earned the money, based on his transfer record. He's built this squad, every in and every out has been his - and its so unbalanced it's untrue.

Not spending money as some sort of sign of respect though ffs.

Yea, that is what i mean.

Yeah I'd get that - but it'd also be fair to question whether Nuno has earned the money, based on his transfer record. He's built this squad, every in and every out has been his - and its so unbalanced it's untrue.
Nuno will have done more to "earn" that money based on the success and good will he has generated, that's far more than a new manager will have.

Back