• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Nuno to leave Wolves

I've never accepted this argument. It doesn't matter how he got injured, the fact he did without a competent Plan B was the issue, but that'd old ground
Injuries happen, it's true. But a season-long injury like that is very rare. However, I think you're right.

I've never accepted this argument. It doesn't matter how he got injured, the fact he did without a competent Plan B was the issue, but that's old ground
I don't really accept your argument either though to be honest, what club in the land has an equal back up to their regular goal scorer? If they are as good as the Plan A then they will be Plan A somewhere else, not sat on the bench as Plan B.

I don't really accept your argument either though to be honest, what club in the land has an equal back up to their regular goal scorer? If they are as good as the Plan A then they will be Plan A somewhere else, not sat on the bench as Plan B.
yeah, only top 4-6 clubs has those resources and that many games and competitions to keep everybody "semi" happy

Plan B doesn't mean a striker to play up front in case of injury and sit on the bench otherwise. It means someone who can play in alternative positions and move to CF if required. Jota would have done that last year for example, Cav in years before. We were naive and/or complacent to leave ourselves that vulnerable

If I could be arsed I'd definitely collate some of these reactions, mix them up with comments from the aftermath of natural disasters, and make a board game out of them
A TWF version of 'reactions against humanity'?

If I could be arsed I'd definitely collate some of these reactions, mix them up with comments from the aftermath of natural disasters, and make a board game out of them
it would be a success ;) dont think sweden will win eurovision btw..malta or the disco from lithuania for me

Well, to be frank, we weren't half bad until our only ready-to-play striker was violently taken out of commission for the rest of the season.
We were pretty good up until those first 3 games after the lockdown. We then struggled and i can definitely see there were reasons for that but the football got worse and the players looked less sure of what the plan was as the weeks went by and yes the lack of Jimenez didn't help but even with him the football was poor. Several of us on here have been saying for months that the tactics and mentality needed to change and they didn't.

This all seems like Jorges meddling to me. This is how earns his corn. I think anyone brought in under Jorge is likely to be moved on sooner rather than later, creating a space for another Jorge client
We've done well out of his clients but will never achieve the long term stability in either players or managers as long as he has influence. Jeff Shi clearly trusts his football knowledge over his own so will continue.
I did think the end was nigh for Nuno after the Burnley shocker

Id always thought fosun had bought shares in uncle Jorge, specifically for his football knowledge as everyone in fosun weren't football people and football seems to be completely different to other businesses and also the rest of the fosun portfolio.
I do think we'll get who Jorge tells us to get, or who he can make the most money out of not who is going to be the best fit for us

In an ideal world, I'd have wanted to see Nuno have another season with the world back to normal, his (and everyone else's) passion for the game reignited, fans, and a fit Jimenez etc.

If Fosun made this decision then we can only hope they've planned for the next steps. I hate reactionary behaviour and I want to see evidence before I form any judgement, but the owners are testing the goodwill to the maximum with this decision in my view. They had better be right.

In an ideal world, I'd have wanted to see Nuno have another season with the world back to normal, his (and everyone else's) passion for the game reignited, fans, and a fit Jimenez etc.

If Fosun made this decision then we can only hope they've planned for the next steps. I hate reactionary behaviour and I want to see evidence before I form any judgement, but the owners are testing the goodwill to the maximum with this decision in my view. They had better be right.
I feel the same, I don't trust any of the media tbh, if Nuno or Jeff come out and say it was Fosuns decision, then I'll believe it.
If they don't get the next appointment right they will feel the backlash.
I'm still feeling sad about it which is ridiculous really, I've been a football fan long enough to know how managers are treated. If it was as much Nuno's choice then fair enough.
Think for a lot of Wolves fans Nuno was more than just a good coach, he was a top bloke too.

For those of you lucky enough to be going today can you please chant the nuno song from 350pm to 550pm please. Round it off with oh Nuno, ooooh Nuno to the tune of Geno by Dexys Midnight Runners please. Tah. 👍

Back