• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

[FA Cup 3rd Rnd Replay] Wolves 3-2 (AET) Brentford: Verdict Thread

He came in mid season and never seemed up to speed with the both the pace of the Premier League and his fitness. Was it Villa last season where he beat a man to set go free in their half but was blowing out of his arse before getting to their area? This season he's beating men and leaving them for dust afterwards.
I think one of the biggest improvements in the team since we got rid of Lage is the fitness of all the players (ok maybe not Doc), started a bit with JL but GON has definitely got them fit as fuck.

I think one of the biggest improvements in the team since we got rid of Lage is the fitness of all the players (ok maybe not Doc), started a bit with JL but GON has definitely got them fit as fuck.

Not just fitness but more powerful as well. I said last night, the size of Lemina's legs! Like tree trunks!

Not just fitness but more powerful as well. I said last night, the size of Lemina's legs! Like tree trunks!

We're a much more burly and aggressive team in general. Nuno's Wolves were always quite aggressive on the counter but the midfield - despite its many, many redeeming qualities - wasn't the most physical (but made up for it in other ways). Gomes and Lemina are genuinely quite terrifying.

What's most reassuring is players aren't picking up niggly injuries, Neto and Hwang's brief backache aside.

He came in mid season and never seemed up to speed with the both the pace of the Premier League and his fitness. Was it Villa last season where he beat a man to set go free in their half but was blowing out of his arse before getting to their area? This season he's beating men and leaving them for dust afterwards.

That doesn't feel right, he slalomed through Villa's high line but Costa was falling over his zimmer frame trying to keep up and it petered out.

Though he was tiring after 60/70 minutes.

Yeah the fact we paid so much for him means it’d take a massive offer for it to make it worth us selling him. Different to RAN, Hwang and Neto

He's fucking brilliant. Top, top player. I'm anticipating some kind of interest in him over the summer, hopefully we can keep hold of him for another season or two.
What’s great with him is not just his technical ability, but his work rate and pressing, which some ‘marque’ forward players CBA to do.

Seems a likeable lad to

I love Neto, and Hwang is obviously having a season to remember, but for me the reason we tick as an attacking unit is 100% Cunha. He's not a striker, I'm not sure really exactly what he is, apart from an absolutely cracking footballer.

You can tell Cunha's a big fan of playing football and of English football culture more broadly.

He's not just playing because he's good and it pays well, like I recall Nakata saying. Cunha fkn loves it

Yeah the fact we paid so much for him means it’d take a massive offer for it to make it worth us selling him. Different to RAN, Hwang and Neto
Antony was £72m and Cunha is twice the player.

£70m would be my starting point for anyone interested.

Late to this one. I just think it's taken him time to settle. We paid a lot of money for him but from what I have seen from him this season I wouldn't say we over paid. He's scoring goals now too. Fabulous player.

Late to this one. I just think it's taken him time to settle. We paid a lot of money for him but from what I have seen from him this season I wouldn't say we over paid. He's scoring goals now too. Fabulous player.
For a long period there is no way that he was playing like a player who was matching what we paid for him . The likes of Dawson and Lemina and even Gomes settled far quicker , and they all cost far less .
However , we are now finally beginning to see the player emerging and playing well in all games and not just some . He also appears to be a strong presence off the field , which is important too............our real captain maybe......

Lemina and Dawson both have tons of experience in the Premier league. Gomez settled quickly but Neves and Moutinho were still at the club so maybe a little less pressure? Either way all players are different. Some players never quite adapt to this league.

He also appears to be a strong presence off the field , which is important too............our real captain maybe......

Apparently he has been quite instrumental in helping the likes of Gomes and Gonzalez settle into the culture, which is good to hear.

You can tell Cunha's a big fan of playing football and of English football culture more broadly.

He's not just playing because he's good and it pays well, like I recall Nakata saying. Cunha fkn loves it
Even if he never scored again, I'd still love the bloke for mimicking MGW in the Forest shootout.

Took to the banter like a duck to water.

Back