• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

[FA Cup 3rd Rnd] Brentford 1-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Doesn't matter. He'd have been available to play if it was the Wednesday, his ban is upto and including the Tuesday so he won't. Discussed at length on the Brentford forum if you want to take a look
I guess that's a stroke of luck.

Bet they're a bit pissed off.

I guess that's a stroke of luck.

Bet they're a bit pissed off.
With our normal matchday being a Tuesday I don't think they have much say. Might have been more controversial if we normally play on a Wed and tried to pull it forwards. They might just be grateful of the extra day to prepare for their league game on the Saturday anyway.

He’s never be up to match speed or fitness anyway. He’s probably been training on his own but no first team games for that long makes a difference.

Think he's been allowed to train with the team for 2-3 months and played some B team friendlies too.

They'll pretty much throw him straight in for the PL games as they're getting sucked rapidly into a relegation battle.

He’s never be up to match speed or fitness anyway. He’s probably been training on his own but no first team games for that long makes a difference.
Think he's been allowed to train with the first team for a couple of months or so now. Scored a hat trick for the B team on Saturday.

Been able to play some games now. Part of the ban allowed him to return to training and playing "friendlies". Scored a 'trick at the weekend in game

Don't quote me but I think he's been allowed to train with the first team and play in their B team for a while now. Scored a hattrick at the weekend. Imagine he'll be straight back in the team the second his ban expires

They'll play Toney straight away . He's hugely important to them - even on one leg .

Don't quote me but I think he's been allowed to train with the first team and play in their B team for a while now. Scored a hattrick at the weekend. Imagine he'll be straight back in the team the second his ban expires
#ITK

Doesn't matter. He'd have been available to play if it was the Wednesday, his ban is upto and including the Tuesday so he won't. Discussed at length on the Brentford forum if you want to take a look.
Or here

Fair enough, thought it was the case. Yeah bet they're pissed he misses it by a day

Seems like as it’s technically a “replay” the squads should match the first tie. At least to me.

Though personally I’d rather draws (and, by extension, replays) in the FA Cup were done away with.

You can't just go arbitrarily extending bans, that's ludicrous
Well if there were no replays it’s not an issue in the first place.

Just a weird structure altogether to me.

Similar: wasn’t there a rescheduled match we played in the league last season where our January signings were ineligible? Or did I hallucinate that?

Well if there were no replays it’s not an issue in the first place.

Just a weird structure altogether to me.

Similar: wasn’t there a rescheduled match we played in the league last season where our January signings were ineligible? Or did I hallucinate that?
Wouldn't come into it for league games

Lemina wasn't allowed to play the replay vs Liverpool as he wasn't our player when the original tie was played, but he'd already made his debut for us in the league vs West Ham

Haven't they from the 5th Rd onwards now anyway? I'm in favour of keeping it for 3rd and 4th rounds to reward smaller sides who have got a great result at home with a game at an elite stadium. Obviously doesn't apply really this year, but has in the recent past.

Haven't they from the 5th Rd onwards now anyway? I'm in favour of keeping it for 3rd and 4th rounds to reward smaller sides who have got a great result at home with a game at an elite stadium. Obviously doesn't apply really this year, but has in the recent past.
Yeah, agree with that. Much as I never ever want to be a "X was way better in my day" bore, I also don't want to be a pull the ladder up Jack twat now that we're a decent PL team.

I think cup replays areing down away with altogether from next season because of the restructured Champions League or something like that.

I may be misremembering the detail though.

Back