• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Next Manager

The anger is bubbling away.
We have a history of being utter shite in Cups but the reaction after last night was different.

GO's comments have fired a few up.
If he starts with Cunha as the #9 and then replaces him with Traore or similar leaving Sasa and Silva on the bench he will fully lose the fans
I think the fact that it's City will blunt the impact of the hefty slap we're about to receive.

Villa though... That's a different story. We're used to getting pounded by City, they do it to everyone. We're used to beating Villa. Under Lopetegui we beat them comfortably at home, got a really good point away and our form was comparable to theirs after Lopetegui's appointment. If they roll up and beat us easily it will really drive home how quickly and how much we've regressed. People can talk about how Wolves vs Villa isn't a proper rivalry as well but I can guarantee you that if their fans are bouncing around signing about travelling all over Europe, how we're going down to play Blues/Albion and to mind the gap while their team outclasses ours on the pitch the red mist will descend for a lot of Wolves fans.

Regardless of results, shi & Fosun should have been getting it every week anyway.
Absolutely. The type of summer we've just had wouldn't be tolerated at certain clubs but in terms of public displays Fosun have completely gotten away with it (so far).

There's no real active support or organisation within Wolves match going fans. I wouldn't change that btw, I'd rather our support than something like Palace etc but this is the downside. The club can get away with whatever they want really and any form protest that does arise tends to look tinpot, unhinged or isolated.

I think he'll play Traore and ask him to do the deep lying box to box role.

He's not a toxic presence as Lage was, or a wanker of a human like Hoddle and Saunders, it's just clearer now after the opening half dozen games that he is how he appeared, and the one in a million chance Hobbs unearthed a secret genius is not the case

I dunno. I didn't want him here but he didn't appear to be dislikeable. However, his constant blaming of JL for the crap of his very own creation is quickly making him more dislikeable than Lage.

I think he's just weak. That can toxify easily at some point, of course.

We've got people overpromoted at all levels of the club, from the CEO to the DOF to GON to Fabio and Max.

It's an accident waiting to happen and I fear the accident is already unfolding

Considering he wore trackies all the time we’d have known.
He needed to wear them for his ever expanding waistline from three meals a day in the Compton canteen.

Back